IGNORED

rsv horns

tbbrider

I amm getting ready to install two stebel magnum horns on my RSV.Do I need to disconnect the stock horns?By the way where is the second horn on an 07,I cannot find the second one.What gauge wiring do I use from the relay.What is the color of the wire on the stock that goes to the horn switch and do I tie to this wire?:farmer:

The second stock horn is inside the lower in front of your left foot. If you hit the horn button and listen you'll locate it.

As for disconnecting the stock horns, most will replace the one on the right side with a Stebel and use Carbon One's wiring kit and bracket.

I did not know there were 2 stock horns.

the second one mentioned, I have found accidentally and, since disconnected, I re-connected it. the other horns on my 04 RSV are 2 separate horns wired together. these 2 separate horns are shaped like trucker air horns only much smaller. they are located on the bike rear, right one just in front of the rear brake caliper bracket and the left one direct opposite of the right one.

are these horn looking horns the first of the factory horns?

I did not know there were 2 stock horns.

the second one mentioned, I have found accidentally and, since disconnected, I re-connected it. the other horns on my 04 RSV are 2 separate horns wired together. these 2 separate horns are shaped like trucker air horns only much smaller. they are located on the bike rear, right one just in front of the rear brake caliper bracket and the left one direct opposite of the right one.

are these horn looking horns the first of the factory horns?

The ones you have are most likely Rivco air horns. I have them on my 02 and have had very good service with them. They have to be cleaned annually to keep them at their peak. All you do is remove them, squirt WD 40 down the horn, shake them good, drain them and put the air to them. I am always amazed at how loud they are after cleaning. The Rivco horn was the loudest available until the Stebel and to me they are as loud as the Stebel.

:farmer:

http://www.buckeyeperformance.com/images/rivco%202nd%20gen%20_AHRSV%20air%20horn%20kit.jpg

2nd Gen. Yamaha Venture Rivco Air Horn kit

Royal Star Air Horns

I amm getting ready to install two stebel magnum horns on my RSV.Do I need to disconnect the stock horns?By the way where is the second horn on an 07,I cannot find the second one.What gauge wiring do I use from the relay.What is the color of the wire on the stock that goes to the horn switch and do I tie to this wire?:farmer:

Have a look here ---> http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=41530&highlight=stebel

This is where I installed mine and I tied it into the stock horn .... if I recall correctly, the brown wire is the one that goes to the switch (don't hold me to that tho...)

In this thread (post #7) you will find info on wiring ...

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42401&highlight=stebel

...and if you do a search for stebel, you'll find lots more info.

For what it's worth, on my bike, I also ran a second 14ga wire from the #87 relay terminal to one terminal (disconnect and tie back the factory wiring) on the 2nd factory horn behind the left lower fairing. Ground the other horn terminal. At least in my case THAT made the "hidden" factory horn louder. :smile5: