IGNORED

Valve shim tool needed

I have been looking for the valve tool and dang they are expensive. Does anyone have one to sell me or rent one? I have seen some sell for 25$ and that is reasonable, but 75 is way out there. I know there has to be someone out there that has made their own tool. Please show me some more options on how you removed the shims. I seem to just miss all the good deals on the tool and shim kits. Can anyone help?

Am I correct that the 1st gen Ventures use a 25mm valve shim?

I have a kit in Georgia that can be borrowed. It has a lot of shims in it, as I bought some used ones on ebay and bought the shims from 2 parts bikes that belonged to a member. That said, certain sizes (around 2.60) seem to be in short supply.

So if you use one of the shims for which there are less than 4 of that size in the kit, you need to buy a new replacement. Micarl has them for sale.

my kit includes a shim tool, and a shim pick fabricated by Dingy which makes removal easy.

PM me to arrange to get the kit.

I think keeping the kit in the USA makes sense because of higher shipping charges to elsewhere and the chance that customs might slap duties on the kit if it goes accross the border.