IGNORED

NEWBIE with a question...

slickster

Got a new to me 06 venture with 29K miles for 9K$...very pretty and have been enjoying riding around this week..the only glitch so far is that sometimes the audio controls freeze up and I can't do anything with it...turning the ignition off and back on sometimes helps, most of the time not...then, for no apparent reason, it works normally again....any ideas?...thanks to all, Mick....previous bike was a 91 wing....

Very common problem, Slickster! What needs to be done is split your fairing and clean all of the connectors with contact cleaner then put some dielectric grease on all of the pins and reassemble. Actually, being an '06 that should be still under warranty and the dealer should do that for you no charge...

Yea, since its still under warranty id let the dealer mess with it. You have to have the warranty transferred over to you if you havent done so yet. Any Yamaha dealer can do this for you.

Welcome to the site and enjoy your new bike. Where in Fla are you?

Guest scarylarry
I bought it at a Yammie dealer...I can I tell if it's still under warranty...remember it's an 06...I did research some on this forum and figured out a plan...thanks..

Comes with a 5 year warranty

Welcome to the site, and enjoy the bike.

Being an 06 it could almost out be out of Warranty. If you turn the CB off and then back on sometimes it will turn it back on. Only a quick fix, but as Bob mentioned cleaning the connections should solve the problem.

A couple issues that you should watch for which are quite common is the ignition switch and the rear shock, dealers normally do not say too much about repairing these items.

Brad