IGNORED

St. Jude Auctions..............

DragonRider

Its getting closer to our ride to St. Jude Children's Hospital in Memphis. Oct. 2, is jjust around the corner. You still have time to help the kids out by going over to the Classifieds and cliking on St. Jude Auctions. There are currently 9 auctions posted, 1st Gen parts, T-shirts & pins, & 2 pair of J&M head sets. Remember all monies generated by these auctions is going to the kids at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. You can also clik on the link below to get to the auctions.

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showcat.php/cat/15

someone makes another bid on the head sets they will have the high bid!! I don't need the head sets myself just trying to help out the kids!! come on folks lets help the kids out..

you can not buy a pair of head sets for this price.. !:no-no-no: help the kids :happy65:

Help the kids on the other auctions as well......:thumbsup2:

Buddy

The bids are coming in, looking real good for these auctions...................

Thanks to all...........REMEMBER, its for the KIDS!!!!!!

someone makes another bid on the head sets they will have the high bid!! I don't need the head sets myself just trying to help out the kids!! come on folks lets help the kids out..

you can not buy a pair of head sets for this price.. !:no-no-no: help the kids :happy65:

Help the kids on the other auctions as well......:thumbsup2:

Buddy

I have not been around long but was hoping that someone could share the story about the relationship between Venture Rider and St. Jude.

This group is so wonderful and the things they do for the kids and their families is truly amazing. where Else are you going to go in the world and get this kind of Care and not be expected to pay a dime for it St. jude is truly an amazing organization.

Thanks to those that head this effort up every little bit helps.

Edited by Solodadof2
spelling

When I first joined Venturerider back in 2005, they were having their first Venture In ( Rally ), at Potato Creek. I decided I wanted to have a get-together similar to that, so I decided to have a small gathering at Vogel State Park, it was Called "Tail of the Dragon". Prior to the event I posted on here that I thought it would be a great idea to also make it a fundraiser for some worthy charity. So with help from other members here we took a poll as to what charity we wanted to support. St. Jude was the winner hands down, they are a great research hospital and all the monies they receive go 100% to treatment and research. So every year when my wife and I host Vogel, and there have been 4 so far, we have had auctions, raffles, pass the hat to raise money for St. Jude.

Other members have also helped by raiseing money at their events. Some have been very successful with their events. One especially. comes to mind is the fundraiser Squidley set up with Sleeperhawks Mechanic, to get tattoos if they reached a certian goal, and they did.........they have the tats to prove it.

To date we have raised over $10,500.00 to support St. Jude. That does not include this years effort. So thats how it started. Some others may want to add what they have done, like Snarley Bill. There are many people here who have made a lot of this possible. I was just the idea man, the great members here make it happen.

I have not been around long but was hoping that someone could share the story about the relationship between Venture Rider and St. Jude.

This group is so wonderful and the things they do for the kids and their families is truly amazing. where Else are you going to go in the world and get this kind of Care and not be expected to pay a dime for it St. jude is truly an amazing organization.

Edited by DragonRider

I wasnt around when it started but as I understand it St Judes is the clubs pet charity. Not sure how it got started or why but all I know is its just about the most worthy cause Ive ever had the privaledge of helping out on. Wish about 5 years ago I had known this group. I know without a doubt my life would be different.

Dragonrider..........thanks for all you do as I dont know where you get the energy for everything life throws out and still be able to do this.

david

Lewis,

I really appreciate all you do for St Judes. I know it is not easy and you put in a lot of time into this.

Now let me help and lets keep this thread toward the top so all will be sure and see it every day.

Come on folks...there is some kid that needs some new treatment and we need to help pay for it...bid high and bid often.:mo money:

I know of at least one member here, and I believe it is Crash, who's son was treated at St. Jude when he was young, I believe he is now in his early or mid 20's. Maybe Crash might say a little something about his families experience with St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

And they may be others, if so maybe they might also share?

How about it Crash?

In Bowilng Green KY, There has for the last 4-5 years been a St. Jude raffle for a NEW HOUSE. Bunch of local business, and building contractors donate to build house. This years house was appraised at $400,000 and this year they have an option if you won to instead take $200,000 cash. Tickets have always been $100 for a chance to win, and they limit number of tickets issued. This year I think limit was 7,500. Other smaller items also given away.

Drawing this year is over, but if they do it again next year, I will post internet address to purchase tickets.

We will be meeting at the Flying J truckstop that sits between I-55 & I-40 in W. Memphis, Ark, wihich is just across the Mississippi River from Memphis. I plan on being there at 11:00-11:30 am. This is our meeting place for all of our St. Jude rides.........We will eat lunch there and then proceed in mass over to the hospital.:Venture::Venture::Venture::Venture::Venture:

Please post the meet up location and time for the trip to Memphis. Since I live in Clarksville, that will just be on the way.:dancefool:

• 3 weeks later...