IGNORED

Amp install on venture Question

Has anyone installed one of these ?

http://store.bazooka.com/Assets/ProductImages/382.jpg

MC-YAM-AMK - Yamaha Venture 99-07 4 Channel Motorcycle Amp Kit

Model #: MC-YAM-AMK Already upgraded your speakers, but still not enough?

The NEW Bazooka motorcycle amp kit includes our FAST-YAM Plug and Play interface cable with OEM connectors that plug directly into the factory Yamaha harness, and our 4 channel 200W amplifier. This allows for seamless integration of the amplifier into the Yamaha system and maintains full use of all factory handle bar controls.

The MC-YAM-AMK motorcycle audio kit works on all Venture bikes.

Includes auxiliary output plug for an optional amplified BTA6100 Bazooka Bass Tube subwoofer that can be installed into the trunk. (BTA6100 and FAST-HON-SIK subwoofer installation kit sold separately)

This Amp Kit is 2 Ohm stable and works with any brand of speakers whether 2 ohm or 4 Ohm.

If someone did how bad was the install and how did you like it after.

Looking for some better tunes and sound. I have the polk speakers front now but would like more.:think:

imho - if I wanted better sound that bad ($370) I really believe I'd stay home and listen to the stereo.

I'm no so sure about that - I hardly ever sit at home and listen to music - the longest time that I'd ever spend listening to music or the radio is when I'm travelling on the outfit. It's a bit more than pocket money, though...

My radio quit working a few weeks ago. I say radio but actually everything quit; CB, radio, AUX, head sets. The controller on the bars will not come on at all. I checked with YamaMama and a new one is $700 +/- so I purchased an AMP and an Ipod (Nano w/FM radio). I don't use the CB or head sets so not having htem is not a problem. I am planning on installing AMP and connecting into existing speakers then just plugging in the ipod when I want tunes. A friend of mine, who knows everything there is to know about audio stuff, will be doing the install. Is there any problems we need to be aware of?

According to the Bazooka site the MC-YAM-AMK is actually 4 x 40 watts @ 4 ohms. At $370 to $399 that strikes me as extremely expensive.

I've been looking into the Alpine KTP-445. It's 4 x 45 @ 4. 920Shrek1 installed one. It's not plug and play but 920Shrek1 said he'd be happy to help with the wiring details, so it needn't be a case of re-inventing the wheel. It's only around $100, and as an added bonus it's only 6" x 2" x 1 1/8" in size.

Years ago I added an Alpine 4 x 35 @ 4 to an '85 VR with Polk Audio 400 series speakers. It was a very nice setup. I got a lot more out without turning the stock stereo volume control up as far, which lead to much cleaner sound. The Alpine KTP-445 is on my to-do list.

I'm no so sure about that - I hardly ever sit at home and listen to music - the longest time that I'd ever spend listening to music or the radio is when I'm travelling on the outfit. It's a bit more than pocket money, though...

I never sit at home a listen to music - I have XM on the Zumo and it's plenty satisfying, besides there are too many other things to worry about while riding