IGNORED

Slave Cylinder??

Yammer Dan

New Oil change and bike is still hard to shift. Neutral is hard to find. I bled it out with all new Val Sync fluid in it. Time to rebuild Slave Cylinder??

Could be the slave, but make absolutely sure you have all of the air out of the line first. With a few trapped bubbles you won't get 100% slave travel when you pull on the lever. Also, if you find it is the slave, don't rebuild, get a new one. See Rick at Buckeye. The last time I picked one up from Rick it didn't cost a heck of a lot more than the rebuild kit... Something like $42 bucks for the kit and $65 for a new slave...

Thanks Guys. I already got a rebuild kit I snatched off E-bay Jack. It don't feel like it has air I guess should take it apart and clean. I've rebuilt the shift levers and should have some new parts here somewhere. Very hard to shift got to be something. My others shift smooth as silk when they are right.

I noticed that my clutch fluid needed bled to get good clutch action and then a couple days later`would need it again. The rebuild kit went in fairly easy and the seals that came out were deteriorated to little more than gum rubber, able to be crumbled in my fingers. Sure solved the problem.