I have a 1989 Venture Royale. My trunk light and emergency flashers don't work. There was some questionable wiring in the trunk by the PO and probably blew the fuse. The schematic shows a fuse in line but I can't find any fuses blown. Is the emergency flasher fuse located somewhere other than the fuse panel?

I have a 1989 Venture Royale. My trunk light and emergency flashers don't work. There was some questionable wiring in the trunk by the PO and probably blew the fuse. The schematic shows a fuse in line but I can't find any fuses blown. Is the emergency flasher fuse located somewhere other than the fuse panel?

There are two fuse panels on an 89. I believe there is a four position ATC style block.

I never have had a stock MKII with the wiring intact. My 83 had a different fuse setup.

It appears from service manual to be located to right side of air cleaner.

The ATC block has a 15 amp Hazard fuse in it.

Gary

I asked the same question! Not that I am complaining mind you, I have sold a few of my fuse box kits as a result of Yamaha's decision to use the BUSS, glass tube type fuses.

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=2330&title=first-gen281983-1993-29-vr-fuse-box-upgrade-kit-21&cat=6

According to Yamaha who did a study costing thousands of dollars (Yen) during the time the First Generation Venture Royales were produced and were sold all over the world, the Glass, BUSS type fuse was the most readily available fuse at most gas stations world wide. So Yamaha figured that since this was supposed to be their flagship touring motorcycle, they would use replaceable items that were easily obtained at any service station. The funny thing is Honda was using ATC type fuses since the early 70's.

Go Figure?!?:confused24:

Earl