IGNORED

Hannigan Rear Brakes

Like others, my rear brakes are toast after less than 1.5K miles. Hannigan was real good about this and express shipped me new rotors and pads overnight free of charge, but I'm still not overall happy with the Brembo pads, they are too coarse and chew the rotors up. Soooo, what I found out is they are pads for the rear of a Ducati. I believe KTM's use the same. Herre are a few cross references for you. EBC FA266 and FA266HH, and Dunlop DP601. I'm sure there are more but that's a little more groundwork.

The reason for the puny Brembo calipers lies in the rear master cylinder. It is only a 1/2" bore and can not deliver enough volume of fluid to the stock Honda calipers. So, one of my many winter projectrs will be to try to morph a 3/4" master on to the RSV, and I hate to say this, but it will most likely be from a Harley unless I can find something from a metric bike...

Bob I'll show you the aftermarket set up at Potato Creek I have on my trike. I ran into somewhat the same problem when I added the Crown Vic rotators & calipers to the bike. No where near enough volume from the stock RSV master so. adapting I went. LOL

Larry

Guys, Hannigan had issues with there vendor supplying them with rotors with pads for Stainless Steal Rotors, our rotors are Cast Iron. they had about 40 conversions go out like that and have replaced most of them by now. since my changer out last year mine have been doing great with the right pad in them. stopping distance is REAL good. I thought I told most of you Hannigan Owners about this already. :scratchchin:

Jeff

Hey Bob,

I am glad to see that you have made it almost to Potato Creek! I hop you and Becky have a great time. I think the problem is with the rotors being cast iron, Instead of Stainless Steel. If you wcan get Hannigan to upgrade the rotors to S.S. you will be way ahead,:thumbsup2:

Earl

Hey Bob,

I am glad to see that you have made it almost to Potato Creek! I hop you and Becky have a great time. I think the problem is with the rotors being cast iron, Instead of Stainless Steel. If you wcan get Hannigan to upgrade the rotors to S.S. you will be way ahead,:thumbsup2:

Earl

That would be great, but I wouldn't hold my breath,,,,,,,,:shock3: I didn't even look at mine, but I have it down to the nitty gritty and it wont be a big deal to pop off the caliper to see what they are putting on now.