Is this a good upgrade for the 05 RSTD?

I know so little about the bike,I don't even know if this is possible.

I want it to handle as good as possible.

any input would be greatly appreciated.

Got em on mine. Super super easy to install. You need a lift to just take the weight off of the suspension. I didn't remove anything from the bike to install them, unlike the directions that come from Diamond R.

Yes, but if you are 5'9", or less than say 31" inseam, you may find yourself singing opera high-notes.

Obviously, these raise the rear of the bike to increase steering (handling). Riding solo, it might be okay to loose some footing, but 2 up could prove challenging at stops. These are heavy bikes to trust balance to just the left foot.

If seat height is no issue, so you can square both feet on the ground, good mod.

• 4 years later...

I realize this is an old thread but I have to ask the question. Are the leveling links required for an 05 RSTD? I ask because the Diamond R Accessories website does not list them as an item for an RSTD and upon calling them they state the RSTD has a different shock system then an RSV. Can anyone confirm this for me. Does anyone have the leveling links on their 2nd geen RSTD?

I am virtually positive that the only changes between an RSV and same year RSTD involve just the luggage, seats, tank, fairing, paint, and some electronics (radio).

The easy way to verify that the shock and struts are the same is to just look up the part numbers on Yamaha's parts breakdown. You can access this for free from either the official Yamaha web site or most online Yamaha dealers parts pages, such as boats.net.

Goose

I made my own for my 2007 RSTD and before I traded it off on my new Venture I removed them and put the originals back on. They went on the new Venture with no problem. There is a post in the Tech Section describing how to make them.

It appears the links are the same. I checked the yamaha site and the links for an '05 RSTD and and an '05 RSV are the same. The shocks are different though. But with the links having the same part number (4XY-2217M-00-00, listed as arm on the rear arm) I think I am safe on getting the diamond R leveling links. I will probably order them in a few days as this will be a good time to put them on before the really nice weather starts. I read the article about making some but since I don't have a drill press nor a clamp I guess the next best thing is to just purchase them (unless someone out there has some they want to sell). Thanks for the replies and idea to check the part numbers! IN case anyone is interested here is the link once again on how to make them so you don't have to search for it. http://www.venturerider.org/forum/suspension-tires-handlebars-etc-/492-leveling-links-raising-rear-rsv.html I don't know how to hyperlink in here so you will have to copy and paste :)

• 2 weeks later...