IGNORED

Installed new Michelin Commander - WOW!

Just replaced my Metzler with Michelin Commander (size recommended by Yamaha). I am totally surprised by the difference in handling this change has made. I had to fight the bike to make a turn with my old tires. Now, I just have to think about turning and the bike is half way there.

I also noticed a significant increase in adherance. I am very happy with this change. Now I have to wait and see how much mileage I will get out if them.

JCB

Wait till ya get caught in the rain....yer really gonna love those Commanders! I run 38psi front/rear and the scoot is like a fleet-footed cat headed for the food dish fulla tuna.....:crackup:

Boomer....who sez they do purty good with running over possums and them armydillos as well down heah in Cajun country.:happy34:

Excellent choice; I used those on my 84 Wing before upgrading to my 01 RSV and will replace with same when my existing ones wear out.

They are really good in the rain and that seems to be all it wants to do up here.

What size did Yamaha recommend?

Yes, I did have the standard size before I changed. I had Metzeler ME 880 front and back. I am not sure why there was such a difference in the turning caracteristics. It may have to do with the fact that the old tires were worn and did not provide optimum performance anymore.

Guest wrench

I put on a set last winter and only have about 7k on them now. What kind of mileage is anyone seeing out of them. For sure on the rain grip too, I got caught in a monsoon coming back from the Smokies last Sept. pulling a trailer and I could feel a big diff over the stock B'stones.

Oops, just decided to go from Avon Venom's to Michelin Commanders last week.

(Between here and there, lots of good press on the Commanders. And good pricing.)

Someone on Star Touring side noted that the front stock size is on national backorder.

Had my local guy check. Yep, backorder through his sources.

As I need a rear before the ST Chattanooga gig, looks like just a rear will do.

Someone know of a fair priced reputable source that has the front in stock, 150/80B/16 ?

Thanks, Mike G in SC