IGNORED

new product slightly different

friesman

Has anyone used these? they are a tire pressure monitor that stays on your valve stem so you can see at a glance if your pressure was ok. These are different than most as they dont actually measure tire pressure, they will pop up a red flag if the tire pressure drops by 3 lbs or so and are supposed to be engineered not to leak if broken off or unscrewed.

http://www.autogeek.net/kwtc.html

Brian

The previous owner had these on my bike when I got it and I still have them on. I can't say they are all that useful, but, I haven't spent the 50 cents to buy regular valve caps either. $20 for a pack of 4?!?! Yikes. I swear I saw a set at walmart for about $5.

I don't really know if they work appropriately or not because I tend to check my tires at least once every couple of days and they are never that low... I do know that the little deals pop up because every time that I take the caps off to check the tire pressure the thing 'flags' me as I unscrew it and the valve stem closes thusly reducing the pressure felt inside the cap.

One thing I do NOT like about these is that while these are installed the valve stem is compressed so that if something happens to this cap the tire would deflate.

Summary: In my opinion, don't waste your money - especially $20 worth.