IGNORED

The only way to appreciate a 2nd Gen scoot

E-Fishin-C

The only way to really appreciate a 2nd Gen ...Is owning a 1st Gen

You could always sell it and get a whole garage full of first gens.

Then you can work on it anytime you want, with lots of spare parts. Should be good for years. :rotf:

Brad

The only way to appreciate a 1stGen is to buy a 2ndGen. Didn't realize what I had until I picked up the 2nd. Where's the tach?? You call that a gas guage...:rotf:. Charge rate... what's that?? What time is it?? Toe down..heel up..toe down....heel up..yesch! Slow speeds...feet down. Now how can I adjust the grips?? What did they do with the center stand?? I'll keep riding it because I'm stubborn, and will finally get these short comings taken care of....., but I'll never again think about it being an upgrade.....

The only way to appreciate a 1stGen is to buy a 2ndGen. Didn't realize what I had until I picked up the 2nd. Where's the tach?? You call that a gas guage...:rotf:. Charge rate... what's that?? What time is it?? Toe down..heel up..toe down....heel up..yesch! Slow speeds...feet down. Now how can I adjust the grips?? What did they do with the center stand?? I'll keep riding it because I'm stubborn, and will finally get these short comings taken care of....., but I'll never again think about it being an upgrade.....

What time is it??? Press the Select and Reset buttons at the same time (for the odometer) and a digital clock magically appears in place of the odometer.

Who needs a tach? Keep the throttle twisted until you feel the rev limiter, then shift. What is a tach going to do for you besides giving you the pleasure of watching the needle move? Just one more thing to pull your attention away from what is happening in front of you. I have a tach on my wing, only look at it when I have nothing else to do.

Don't like the heel/toe shifter? Do what I and many others do...just use the toe part and it works just like what you are used to.

I agree about the centerstand. Really missed that on my RSV.

Adjustable grips? A set of risers will cure that.

Guest Swifty
What time is it??? Press the Select and Reset buttons at the same time (for the odometer) and a digital clock magically appears in place of the odometer.

Just one more thing to pull your attention away from what is happening in front of you.

...and so you're saying that having to push TWO buttons AT THE SAME TIME simply to see the time is NOT pulling your attention away from the road??!!

:confused:

The only way to really appreciate a 2nd Gen ...

is by working on a Goldwing..ask me how I know.

OMG, a 1st gen looks to be a pleasure to work on after seeing those pics.

I am actually considering letting my 1st gen go though. Might look at a 2nd gen but then there is not much out there really, either too sporty or not sporty enough and still have a good 2up bike.

I do not know how I could convert from the 1st gen peg position to a 2nd gen floorboard out in front of me position.

...and so you're saying that having to push TWO buttons AT THE SAME TIME simply to see the time is NOT pulling your attention away from the road??!!

:confused:

Nope. I can do it without looking at them.

Besides, I'm not saying that he HAS to have the clock showing. Just telling him how to do it. And, this can be done while you are not in motion. Once set that way, it stays that way until it is changed.

Who needs a tach? Keep the throttle twisted until you feel the rev limiter, then shift. What is a tach going to do for you besides giving you the pleasure of watching the needle move? Just one more thing to pull your attention away from what is happening in front of you. I have a tach on my wing, only look at it when I have nothing else to do.

Don't like the heel/toe shifter? Do what I and many others do...just use the toe part and it works just like what you are used to.

Actually, just hold down the "select" button for more than 2 sec. and the clock will appear until you push the "select" button again. If you want to reset the clock , then you have to hold down both buttons.:2cents:

I don't know... I always thought it might be nice to see the clock and the odo at the same time.... :whistling:

Funny... So what you're saying is when I go to sync the carbs or set the idle, I don't need no tach to mess with my concentration?? :stirthepot:

Cutting off the heel pad is on the list....and Ponch is working on the center stand for me. :)

I'm going to make this thing equal a 1stGen even if it kills me.... Knock on a big ol' wooden plank.... :rotf:

Why would you hold both buttons? All you have to do is hold the odometer button 3 secs or less and it switches to the clock

Why would you hold both buttons? All you have to do is hold the odometer button 3 secs or less and it switches to the clock

STEREO :big-grin-emoticon:

So if the 2 gen is so great why have some of you bought goldwings:stirthepot: i sold my old wing to get my 1st gen because the wing sucks to work on. I also rode a 2nd gen and didn't like it. i will stay with my 1st gen. just my :2cents: worth.

Not correct though. They changed it at some point but I don't remember what year. I know that on my '99, you do have to hold down both buttons to activate the clock.

So if the 2 gen is so great why have some of you bought goldwings:stirthepot: i sold my old wing to get my 1st gen because the wing sucks to work on. I also rode a 2nd gen and didn't like it. i will stay with my 1st gen. just my :2cents: worth.

You know...the older I get, the smarter my dad was..........he always tried to impress on me that if we were all the same....life would be boring!

That said....whether it's a 1st gen, a 2nd gen, a wing, a harley, a kawi...whatever....we are all going to have differing opinions, likes and dislikes, of our rides. I'm not centering out Cap'n Eddie...I just didn't know how else to get in on this thread, so please pardon my interruption.

We all will have differing opinions, that's why there are so many different products available out there, not just bikes...but cereals, meat cuts, alcohol, soda..whatever! I appreciate what I ride, but at the same time, I also appreciate what everyone else rides. (Although I do have a really hard time with scooter types) I hope that all these posts have been friendly banter, and that it doesn't take a turn to the nasty side, and start to become personal. Let's all appreciate what makes our countries so great, and that's having the ability to be a little different than the other guy without being persecuted. Perhaps we should all, myself included, think of this before we post something which could be interpreted entirely different than intended. This happens very easily without tone inflection and facial expression.

I'll get down off my soapbox now, hope I haven't p*ssed anyone off, and I'll continue to enjoy the camradrie that is always so evident on this forum.

gunk:Laugh: