IGNORED

About to give up!

Oldslow

I agree with Marcarl, I think the seat is too wide and it is placing your hips/pelvis in an uncomfortable position.

This was the case for me. We did the Butler seat mod (everything sent over) But I had to narrow off the front sides of the seat more, and also place another piece of memory foam down the centre of the seat. My butt has the padding :crying: but due to the stiff leg my seating position changed. Oh, I also took some off the back of the seat. (have Flanders bars too--more pull-back)

Best of luck :thumbsup2:

You could also try talking to the guys over at great day to ride, lots of SV riders send their seats to them modded and have way better results than any off the shelf seat, most get a gel pad inserted with a layer of memory foam over that, they reuse the stock seat cover so it looks original.

I think you have to ship the seat to them along with $65 and they usually have a pretty quick turn around rate.

I'm thinking that after the Butler mod seemed to do nothing(no offense to Rick) that I need some foam removed at the back of the seat as well as on the bottom (which of course Rick did)

I think that you need to contact Rick and tell him of your butt pain. (again) No doubt he would work with you and get you a comforbable seat. Just because he did it once doesn't mean that he wouldn't rework it.

Good luck,

Steve

The best solution for you is "air". Everything else is "solid", even foam. Look into the inflatable motorcycle seat cushions on the internet. There are several options, but from what you describe, it seems to me that air is your only option if you want to continue riding.

Here are some options to consider:

http://www.rehabmart.com/product/freedom-air-motorcycle-seat-cushion-17184.html

http://www.therohostore.com/Departments/Comfort-Products/AIRHAWK-Motorcycle-Seat-Cushions.aspx

http://www.aquaaireseatcushion.com/motorcycleseatcushion

Hope you find a solution that works for you!

This AirHawk looks interesting but expensive.

I found a local gal who reupholsters seats. I think I'm gonna give her a shot. Will try this thing about the strap to make it narrower.

Anyone else who had Rick rework the seat notice how much lower you sit?

I had mine done by Rick, not much lower. I think you might need to see the Chiro reading all the trouble you have had.

Rick turned my 30 minute seat into an 8 hour one for me and the misses.

My knee's were killing me trying to get up from the floor or outta chair the last few months. One trip to the Chiro and most of it vanished. Saw her again today and again on Wednesday. It'll prolly be all gone by then. Not sayin' you got knee issues, just the wonder of a good and hot Chiro.