IGNORED

Any fellow Homebrewers out there, or wannabes?

frogmaster

Ole Froggy just offering my Home brewing experience and assistance to fellow VR.Org members. Also if you always wanted to Home-Brew but was a little apprehensive to go for it (LET ME KNOW). If you can boil water you can Home-Brew!!!

Feel free to Email, PM or Call my Cell# between 7pm and 10:00pm EST.

Home Brew Master

(Must be my German decent) :witch_brew:

Edited by frogmaster
Cell information

It sounds like fun to me. My local brewery has a history of using the recipes from large batch home brewers for their "Divine Reserve" special releases. This week, the winner of a home brewing contest was selected to provide the next recipe for... a barley wine.

I make limoncello at home. Why not beer? What is the typical cash outlay to get started?

Dave

I have made wine and nut brown ale. The nut brown ale was an asss kicker...

Went down smooth, no after taste and would lite up your world...

The first batch of wine was nasty... the second batch was drinkable but now I have gotten out of it since I dont drink anymore... Economy keeps like it is and i may start to..lol

I do ciders and honey wine. I'm looking to start beer one of these days. I make a hard apple cider that is a mixture of rocket fuel and apples that has a great flavor and sweetness balance.

The Honey wine.... well that stuff is plain old expensive to make. 15 pounds of filtered honey is nearly 75.00 but its incredible when done right.

sounds like fun. i tried the old wine thing back in the 80,s it tasted like sh##. but maybe i just didnt follow directions right. its a man thing:rotfl: who reads directions?

like if i got left over bolts and nuts when i worked on my car when i was younger it was called modification.:big-grin-emoticon:

Ole Froggy just offering my Home brewing experience and assistance to fellow VR.Org members. Also if you always wanted to Home-Brew but was a little apprehensive to go for it (LET ME KNOW). If you can boil water you can Home-Brew!!!

Feel free to Email, PM or Call my Cell# between 7pm and 10:00pm EST.

Home Brew Master

(Must be my German decent) :witch_brew:

I may hit you up one of these days. I've done a little with a friend who has quite a bit of equipment. Being from Michigan, you would appreciate our last brew - a Bells Two Hearted Ale clone. It turned out great - without a doubt one of the best beers I have ever drank. Blows me away that we could do that in someones home, and that not counting the equipment, the cost of the beer itself is about half what you'd pay from the store. It's definitely a fun hobby and once I have a bit more time, I plan to get into it more.

I haven't brewed in about 15 years, you guys are getting me all excited! Ive been wanting to start up again. The little woman threw out all my bottles (I had about 20 cases of brown bottles) so now I have to collect bottles all over again. The best batch of beer I ever made was an oatmeal stout that was so smooth you couldn't put it down. Now you all did it----my mouth is watering.:thumbsup2: Forgot how much I enjoyed it

I haven't brewed in about 15 years, you guys are getting me all excited! Ive been wanting to start up again. The little woman threw out all my bottles (I had about 20 cases of brown bottles) so now I have to collect bottles all over again. The best batch of beer I ever made was an oatmeal stout that was so smooth you couldn't put it down. Now you all did it----my mouth is watering.:thumbsup2: Forgot how much I enjoyed it

A lot has changed in 15 Years (More streamlined and simplified) no more washing lots of bottles (unless you want too). 5 gallon Stainless Steel Soda Kegs w/ CO2 Bottle and Squeeze tap. :178:

So where do all you homebrewers get your supplys, local or do you mail order (if so, where?)I allways wanted to make a batch from grain only, I didn't want to use malt extract but I don't have a way to cook five gallons at a time. Guess I'll have to get a keg and cut out the top.

So where do all you homebrewers get your supplys, local or do you mail order (if so, where?)I allways wanted to make a batch from grain only, I didn't want to use malt extract but I don't have a way to cook five gallons at a time. Guess I'll have to get a keg and cut out the top.

Whole grain is more complicated

See Partial Boil = less than 5 gallon. Full boil = 5 gallon +

Mail Order www.morebeer.com over $59 is Free Shipping and is very well known Order, Forums and Educational How Too's.

:178:

Get yourself a turkey deep frier, that's what my bud uses.

Here is a great forum for brewing. Just like here there is a wealth of information and great people willing to share.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f10/

That brewing rig didn't cost me that much because I did most of the work myself. All I needed was some help with the welding. It's a great hobby. I just wish I had some friends around here that shared my passion for it. They only have a passion for helping me drink the final product.

Well I guess you'll just have to keg you beer know.