IGNORED

Clutch slave cylinder

OddStar

I know this isn't the place to start this, but I'm casting the widest net for help.

Decided to change fluid and added a speed bleeder to make the job easier. Every thing was going fine, nice new fluid flowing, and went to close the bleeder - and it broke off :doh:. Took slave cylinder out, drilled out and re-tapped so stock bleeder would fit.

Now it won't hold pressure/close. Did I drill too deep? Looks like I'll need a new/used cylinder, unless the geniuses here have a solution. Any ideas???

The bottom of the bleeder screw hole has a tapered surface which matches the end of the bleeder screw.

This surface must be very smooth in order to seal when the bleeder screw is tightened down against it.

Gary

Thx Gary, figured I must have drilled out that shoulder :doh: Should've gaged the depth. Just ordered a new assembly from Rick @ Buckeye. Oh well, $5 speedbleeder costs me $90!!!

I don't understand?? Why couldn't you have just used an Easy-Out to remove the broken Speed Bleeder?? Never heard of a speed bleeder breaking before, but I guess if enough torque is applied anything will break.

Thx Gary, figured I must have drilled out that shoulder :doh: Should've gaged the depth. Just ordered a new assembly from Rick @ Buckeye. Oh well, $5 speedbleeder costs me $90!!!

Should have waited, I have a used one that could probably be honed out and used, even have the repair kit.

Oh well,

BOO

Should have waited, I have a used one that could probably be honed out and used, even have the repair kit.

Oh well,

BOO

Thx Boo, but got impatient and wanted to be able to ride this weekend (since it's supposed to be really nice), so ordered before shipping cut off. Didn't realize you're so close by. Thinking I'll find somebody to fill the bleeder hole with aluminum and re-machine it, then I'd have a spare. Would that work?

And to Condor; did try the ez out but it wouldn't budge - red loctite on the bugger :confused24: really held it in.

Thx Boo, but got impatient and wanted to be able to ride this weekend (since it's supposed to be really nice), so ordered before shipping cut off. Didn't realize you're so close by. Thinking I'll find somebody to fill the bleeder hole with aluminum and re-machine it, then I'd have a spare. Would that work?

And to Condor; did try the ez out but it wouldn't budge - red loctite on the bugger :confused24: really held it in.

Once I saw what the slave looked like I also got impatient and ordered one on line. The other point was I didn't want to have to do the job twice as it was a pain in the you know what.

BOO

Red Loctite needs to be heated before it will release.

You don't want to use red on aluminum if you ever want to take it apart.

Gary

:sign yeah that: And why would you want to make the Speed Bleeder so it can't be loosened?? That's how it operates....just like a regular bleeder, but with one way flow. Oh well... I'd suggest not doing it to the new one.

The speed bleeders come with the red stuff already on them. Maybe somebody should tell them...:stirthepot:

That stuff is like a teflon tape.... not Loc-Tite..... Don't think anybody needs to tell them anything...........

When I installed the speed bleeder in the clutch, on my RSV, I was concerned that I had cross threaded it, or the thread pitch was wrong, as it took way too much force to install it. I even backed it out twice.

The ones for the brake wheel cylinders took nowhere near as much force to screw them in.