IGNORED

front forks and class

Well it looks like I am going to have to change the front springs, mine are now leaking. I will probably order the progressive set on here.

What I would like to know is I have an air leak they will not hold air for more than a few days. Could this be from the shocks leaking oil or is it going to be part of the air lines?

Next question, I see a lot of people parting out bike does anyone have a CLASS system they would like to get rid of. I will need everything because mine has nothing. If I add the CLASS system will I have to change the main wiring harness? Or will I just be able to run a few wires to hook it all up?

Curtis-

Someone with more experience will probably chime in here but I would imagine that the air loss is related to the fork oil leak.

If you add the progressive springs to the front end you likely won't need the CLASS setup for it but it would still be usefull for the rear. I don't have the controller but I do have the compressor and it's cover if you decide to pursue this.

Dave

Below is a link that details the class wiring system on an 88 bike.

This is the detailed version showing all the connectors.

CLASS system is on left side - center.

88-89 Yamaha Venture DU Wiring Diagram Rev D.pdf

Below is the simplified version.

Class system is in lower left corner.

86-89 Yamaha Venture Simplified Circuit Diagram Rev D.pdf

Check your harness at the connector under the seat or to the left side, near the helmet locks, that goes to the tail lights. If it is a 14 pin (one blank) connector, the harness already has wires for the CLASS system.

Putting in a new harness is a time consuming task. Especially in the head light and coils/TCI areas.

Another option is not to locate the TCI control head on the dash. I currently have mine laying loose under the radio cover. When I need to reset it, I pop the radio insert out and lift head out. Not pretty, but functional.

You could possibly locate CLASS head in trunk, if wiring harness does not have wires in it already for the system. It would shorten your wire runs up considerably.

I have an extra tail light/CLASS harness that would give you the connectors to the air pump/valve assembly that I would part with.

Gary

so where did you order them from and how much did everything cost?

Curtis,

Ordered progressive springs from SKYDOC17 on this sight for $68+shipping and rest from partshark.com per skydoc's recommendation. Included detailed part numbers of what I ordered. FYI, I ordered everything for 85 xv1200d, even though I have 83 xvz12 as all part #s same, but 85 part list included bushings

Also Condor has brace, but not sure I need it yet.

Looks like i'm in about $250 total.

:mo money:

PRODUCT INFORMATION:

Mfg Product Number: 1NL-23145-00-00

Description: OIL SEAL for 1985 YAMAHA XV 1200D Order Quantity: 2 Unit Price: $17.76 Total Cost: $35.52 Mfg Product Number: 3JJ-23125-00-00

Description: METAL,SLIDE 1 for 1985 YAMAHA XV 1200D Order Quantity: 2 Unit Price: $16.05 Total Cost: $32.10 Mfg Product Number: 26H-23144-00-00

Description: SEAL,DUST for 1985 YAMAHA XV 1200D Order Quantity: 2 Unit Price: $12.56 Total Cost: $25.12 Mfg Product Number: 26H-2319L-00-00

Description: WASHER for 1985 YAMAHA XV 1200D Order Quantity: 2 Unit Price: $4.15 Total Cost: $8.30 Mfg Product Number: 26H-2319M-00-00

Description: SPRING,VALVE for 1985 YAMAHA XV 1200D Order Quantity: 4 Unit Price: $3.99 Total Cost: $15.96 Mfg Product Number: 3JJ-23171-00-00

Description: PISTON,FRONT FORK for 1985 YAMAHA XV 1200D Order Quantity: 2 Unit Price: $14.60 Total Cost: $29.20

ORDER TOTALS:

Item Total: $146.20

Tax: $0.00

Shipping: $14.50

Order Total: $160.70

Thank you for your purchase and please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have regarding your order.

PartShark.com

386 State Road 37 North

Martinsville, IN 46151 USA

Toll free: (877)-999-5686

Email: Info@PartShark.com

Thank you for that I will get them ordered. I would still like to put the class system on the bike if anyone has one for sale. If I cant find a complete one I will let everyone know and piece one together.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the progressive springs in the forks on my 85 G1 and never run any air in the front Forks now. The forks feel so much better now and then bike handles so much better.

So you can go ahead and do the rebuild and take your time to find your class system and just add it when you get time.

Still working on my class system have a few questions.

I have looked over the wiring diagram and understand what tis all part of the system.

What I don't know is where is it located on the bike?

Is the pressure sensor, Class light, solenoid valve, relay, and controller all in the fairing?

If I buy the compressor and everything that goes with it under the seat along with the head in the dash what else do I need. Not knowing where everything is located on the bike makes it impossible to know what all comes with what.

The controller & class light are located in right fairing pocket. Class light purpose is to illuminate controller internally, kind of like the back lighting on instrument cluster.

Relay is behind head light.

Fuse is by main fuse panel on right side, near battery.

Solenoid valve, pressure sensor & compressor are located under rear trunk between frame rails. Under the black plastic cover.

If you put the CLASS in, the air fitting near the key switch and by the shock damper on left side will be non functional.

Gary

Still working on my class system have a few questions.

I have looked over the wiring diagram and understand what tis all part of the system.

What I don't know is where is it located on the bike?

Is the pressure sensor, Class light, solenoid valve, relay, and controller all in the fairing?

If I buy the compressor and everything that goes with it under the seat along with the head in the dash what else do I need. Not knowing where everything is located on the bike makes it impossible to know what all comes with what.