IGNORED

Cruise Control "Bump" Switch

Does anyone know if it's possible to deactivate the crusie control "bump" switch? In other words, to keep the cruise control from automatically disengaging when hitting a large bump in the road.

I realize this is a safety feature, but after installing a sidecar to my 2005 RSV, the extra movement from the hack, as well as the lovely roads here in NJ, cause my cruise control to disengage much more easily than when I was on 2 wheels.

I'm hoping someone has an answer as I really miss being able to use cruise on the highway.

Thanks in advance for any insight!!!

Rob

Does anyone know if it's possible to deactivate the crusie control "bump" switch? In other words, to keep the cruise control from automatically disengaging when hitting a large bump in the road.

I realize this is a safety feature, but after installing a sidecar to my 2005 RSV, the extra movement from the hack, as well as the lovely roads here in NJ, cause my cruise control to disengage much more easily than when I was on 2 wheels.

I'm hoping someone has an answer as I really miss being able to use cruise on the highway.

Thanks in advance for any insight!!!

Rob

You mean there actually *IS* such a thing on this bike? Dayum.. no wonder I can't keep CC engaged on the back roads around here... Bumps bumps and more bumps..

Well how about that!?

Wonder if it's not over sensitive clutch or brake switches. Or maybe there's not enough freeplay in the clutch or brake levers. That's about the only way, other than the defeat switch , to turn off the cruise.

You don't have leather fringes on your clutch and brake levers do you? These have been know to activate the clutch and brake levers.

Now that I think of it, check and see if your brake pedal switch is adjusted too tight. This would mean that barely pressing on the pedal would make the brake light come on (and your cruise go off). I believe you're supposed to adjust that switch so that the brake light comes on just slightly before the brake pads engage the rotor. This would mean that bumps in the road COULD cause your brake pedal to bounce just enough to activate the brake switch and cut your cruise.

I wonder if it's NOT a switch per se (akin to the shut off lean switch).. then perhaps its that when you hit a bump, the load on the drive train is removed just for a moment and the system senses the off-load and switches itself off..

I know when I try to use cruise in heavy gusting winds it will switch off when the wind pressure drops quickly (doesn't happen often but enough to notice that happening..)

Interesting.

HMM ... Some good info here I think. I'm not really sure if there is such a switch, I just assumed there was from a safety standpoint in making the cruise cut out.

I don't have braids on the clutch or front brake levers. I guess I could try adjusting the rear brake switch to see if it helps.

Thanks to all for the input.

Rob