IGNORED

will this cost me $5 ?

islandmech

I just finished my restore project on my 86 Venture yesterday {pics to follow} took it for a ride last night, big grin on my face.... happy camper

So this morning at 4:45 AM I am getting on the bike to ride to work, trip on the backrest and tip the bike over ... WTF! no damage, just rested on the guards but it sure is heavy to pick up!

Does this mean I owe $5 to the fund, or is this a "gimme"?

Cheers, Gary

Ok, i guess it counts..... now which fund to i make the donation to?

You can send it to me at : Boomer-Cheesecake Freak at Nuthouse #6.com

I'll forward it to Don.....mebbe.:whistling:

Boomer....who sez ethics are out de window when cheesecake is involved.:cool10:

wow ok this must be the normal thing to do? just about an hour a go i got the call to get my bike to a shop that will do the work the way it should be. long story. well i went to get off the bike. caught that darn back rest and yep i tipped the bike. on the left crash guard. no damage i can see? dang its tough being short in the legs. i need to take that darn backrest off and learn a new way to mount the bike. so count me in for my 5 bucks.:doh: also maybe a but butler seat mod might help i almost have to jump up onto the bike?

When you get off or on stand ont he floor boards that will allow you to have more room to get off and on.

And it would help greatly if ya remember to put yer kickstand down before ya ballet yer butt offa them floorboards....

Boomer....who sez don't ask me how I know this.....:whistling:

ahh ok what floor boards? i just got plain foot pegs. i once tried to stand on the peg and lift my 245 pounds on the bike and fell over. too bad cant mount some kind of lift where the center stand is it comes out from under the bike i put my feet on it and hoist this body onto the bike???

wow ok this must be the normal thing to do? just about an hour a go i got the call to get my bike to a shop that will do the work the way it should be. long story. well i went to get off the bike. caught that darn back rest and yep i tipped the bike. on the left crash guard. no damage i can see? dang its tough being short in the legs. i need to take that darn backrest off and learn a new way to mount the bike. so count me in for my 5 bucks.:doh: also maybe a but butler seat mod might help i almost have to jump up onto the bike?

How about carrying a collapsible ladder :yikes::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

well annie that might work or keep parking it next to the curb. stand on curb throw leg over and away i go. and i got a friend who gets on his bike from the right side? now that scares me. as it looks like he could pull the bike over and no stand to stop it from going over on him. i think he was born backwards though so it might be normal for him:hihi:

Well mine is a second generation but it does have a backrest. With the kickstand down I use the left passenger floorboard to mount and dismount. Sure makes getting on and off easy. Since my memory isn't so good anymore I let the kickstand switch shut the engine off.