IGNORED

Crazy Tekkie Idea!

Sunrayman

Could it be possible to have some kind of perimeter sensor installed so that while you were driving, if someone drove their vehicle too close to the sides or rear of the bike, the stebel horn would AUTOMATICALLY SOUND? Kinda like an advance warning...

I know it sounds crazy, that's why I'm asking... Some of you people can get real clever!

:sun1:

Dunno if they are still available but there used to be those wire "springy" things you could attach to your bumper that warned you when you got too close to the curb..... can you imagine that...springy wires sticking out from all sides of your scoot...all tied to a warning device that, when activated by a cage too close to you, caused a cannon to start pelting them with rotten eggs and tomatoes, etc.... :sign20:

Wife has back up sensors in the back bumper of her van. The closer you get the faster they beep. I imagine something like that could be modified. Would be tempting to hook it into a speaker with a recording saying " BACK OFF *&^%$).

I found over the "YEARS",,,,,being aware of what's going on around ya serves well! I carry a few nice sized smooth round hand selected small pebbles in my vest pocket....a tail gate nuisance gets a brake light warning once,,,,then a hand signal to back off then,,,"PING" a nice sized smooth round hand selected small pebble seems to fall from the heavens onto the windshield of the "too close" follower........OOPS! Must'a been a a tire thread BB????????????????????>>>>>>>>>SORRY!!!!!!

Renne.....Not mean, cautious and protective. A LOT of deer live here, I don't need a rearend collision!

Could it be possible to have some kind of perimeter sensor installed so that while you were driving, if someone drove their vehicle too close to the sides or rear of the bike, the stebel horn would AUTOMATICALLY SOUND? Kinda like an advance warning...

I know it sounds crazy, that's why I'm asking... Some of you people can get real clever!

:sun1:

Just come ride with the Houston group....Trust me EVERYONE is aware you are around,I think all of them have Stebel horns and they go off alot!

I found over the "YEARS",,,,,being aware of what's going on around ya serves well! I carry a few nice sized smooth round hand selected small pebbles in my vest pocket....a tail gate nuisance gets a brake light warning once,,,,then a hand signal to back off then,,,"PING" a nice sized smooth round hand selected small pebble seems to fall from the heavens onto the windshield of the "too close" follower........OOPS! Must'a been a a tire thread BB????????????????????>>>>>>>>>SORRY!!!!!!

I'd like to know just exactly how you accomplish this so that it's not obvious where it came from. Do you flip it up over your head, hold your hand out to your side, put your hand back on the grip and let it drop out from there? What? I've been trying to resist the urge to carry a little pea gravel with me, and I'm losing.

I'd like to know just exactly how you accomplish this so that it's not obvious where it came from. Do you flip it up over your head, hold your hand out to your side, put your hand back on the grip and let it drop out from there? What? I've been trying to resist the urge to carry a little pea gravel with me, and I'm losing.

I heard from someone that heard from someone that heard it from a cop that marbles work the best. Gently let one fly!! and, as it makes contact with the windshield it disintegrates leaving no evidence. Of course someone stupid enough to follow a bike that close may be capable of much more. It may be best just to let the @$$ O by.

Ahh!!! then follow him home and pull him screaming from his car.... OOOPs sorry that was not called for!!

I'd like to comment on the "pebbles and marbles" comments....

Do you guys really do this???

What a perfect way to piss off a cage driver and have them commit road rage against you.

What a perfect way to diminish the perception of "a biker" by those who don't ride.

Committing acts such as this cannot accomplish anything constructive IMHO.

Sorry guys ... that is just not something I can condone.

geeeez .. and it was me who suggested pelting them with rotten eggs and tomatoes.... :rotf: :rotf:

I have a motion sensor hooked into the alarm system on my trailer. It's turned off!! The idea was to have the alarm sound when someone walks into the back of the trailer when I'm working and though it works, it also sounds when you walk (or drive) past the trailer when you don't need it. You put something like that on your bike the thing would be going of every time you get passed or pass someone.

If you are worried about getting rear ended, install a back up camera.