Is the top and bottom bearings the same on the fork head on a 83. Had to cut the bottom bearing off. This must of been my problem with the steering not going striaght.Also sould there be a seal on the bottom.

Had someone come over to trade bikes. He basicly told me my bike was not worth anything.he had a 99 suzuki 500 and wanted me to give him 1500 plus my venture.

thanks Doug

Is the top and bottom bearings the same on the fork head on a 83. Had to cut the bottom bearing off. This must of been my problem with the steering not going striaght.Also sould there be a seal on the bottom.

Yes, these are different, Industrial Numbers are 32005 X/Q and 32006 X/Q.

Yes, there needs to be a Seal on the lower Bearing to keep the Road Grim out and the Grease nice and working.

Had someone come over to trade bikes. He basicly told me my bike was not worth anything.he had a 99 suzuki 500 and wanted me to give him 1500 plus my venture.

thanks Doug

Just play nice and show him where the Carpenter left the Hole in the Wall ... :whistling::whistling:

A 500 Suzuki ? What the H3ll is that ? A Starter Motor ?

I looked where i get most of my bearings and none listed.(McMaster-Carr)Any other place to get these at a good price.

Go to goallballs.com that is where i bought mine , stearing head bearing kit comes with both seals and bearings for $33.54

Did allballs for momma's 750. Went from the loose ball bearings to the allballs tapered bearings. Nice!

It is a very common mod on the old 750's. I have not heard or read a complaint other than the instructions might not be as descriptive as you would like.

I dunno what the kit for the VR's include but mommas came with 2 washers of different thinkness. You had to measure and then guess which one to use.