IGNORED

Good Dog needs a Good home

wes0778

Buddy needs a good home. He is three and needs a backyard to run in. He is great with kids and is a lap dog too. My daughter took him in after someone dumped him out in our neighborhood as a scrawney 10lb puppy. My daughter, also seen in the picture, was convinced the "poor little thing" would not get very big. I looked at his paws at the time and laughed!!!

He really is a great dog, just spoiled and scared of thunder. Since they don't have a fenced yard, he has outgrown them, as a house dog, especially with the new grand baby.

He seems immune to a shock collar.

but I think they are having second thoughts...

And besides the mass majority of dogs are great with kids and often make good baby sitters too. As for the kids I think they should all grow up with dogs its good for their character.

He seems immune to a shock collar.

Picture looks like he's got long hair. He needs the long leads and the collar needs to be snug.

Our previous Lab used to sometimes run through the fence (PetSafe brand). Then one day the collar failed. I sent the collar back to PetSafe to be repaired (Their service has always been excellent and reasonable).

While it was gone though I needed another collar. Went to the pet store where the only thing I could find ran on watch batteries and cost an arm and a leg. I'd resigned myself but as I turned toward the check out something caught my eye.

There in a plain white corrugated cardboard box was a collar that ran on 9V batteries. There was a small label on the box that read "for stubborn dogs". It was less than $20!

He tried dashing through the boundary with that collar exactly once. Our current dog has tried the boundary just once too.

Or just spend some (OK a lot of) extra time with the dog and teach it to stay in the yard. It took about 6 months to a year to teach the concept of stay in the yard to each of my last 3 dogs (still working on the new puppy).

Once trained I can go to a new location, walk the dog around the yard to tell her the boundaries and she will stay within those boundaries unless ordered out by me. It is a LOT of work to teach this but well worth the effort down the road.

I do not like shock collars, I would rather train than torture. just my opinion.

Put that collar on yourself and try it out once to see just what you are doing to your poor dog.

Even our local LEOs must get tased before being authorized to use a taser so that they know exactly what the person is feeling when they use it.

Edited by Flyinfool

Most of these have DUAL SETTINGS that include BEEP ONLY, BEEP WARNING then adjustable Shock levels. 90% of all dogs use the BEEP ONLY and walk the newly installed flag boundries daily then dog will quickly learn. Dogs are VERY SOCIAL Animals and are great members of families. Catch episodes of the DOG WHISPER. 90% Human Problem 10% Dog Problem and 99% fixable.

I consider myself a Dog Trainer (2-Black Labs free from a box in front of Wal-Mart & 1 Adopted German Short Hair Pointer who was kicked out of home when new baby was on the way) The Short Hair was a Physiological mess and now she is the BEST! My number or PM or Email is available IF you need some pointers to correct some behavior issues.

No more dogs for us, rather her, and since she has me, I cant have another. Thats a beautiful dog, and I would love to have it..........but I dont want to have to live in the dog house with it, since we dont have a fenced in yard either................its a shame what some people do with their unwanted pets...............how would they like it if they just got dumped somewhere and had to live off the land............I know what I would like to do to them but that would end with a jail sentence...............:soapbox: