IGNORED

Update on my grandson and myself

GS51

First I must apologize to all you good people

It’s been way too long since I requested you prayers and god thoughts for my grandson and then later for myself. And I have not gotten back to you with my thanks and an update on how things are going. As I live alone just finding the time and the energy to get everything done is difficult.

As for my grandson, he came home from the hospital just before Christmas but he has to have oxygen full time. They even arranged to have oxygen at school for him so he could stay in school and keep up on his school work. He had a heart catheterization and that showed everything is normal. Then they took him to see his original transplant doctor. They are looking at his lungs and the blood vessels through it. They think that maybe they are not formed right causing the problems he has now. We will just have to wait and see. They just don’t know at this point and are still doing tests. As I said before nobody has lived this long with the condition he has.

As for myself as some of you may know I was taken to the hospital. In mid December a family member found me on the floor unresponsive and called an ambulance to take me to the hospital. Around the same time my grandson as coming home from the hospital is was going in. I was in for 15 days barely aware of anything for most of the time. The team of doctors that worked on me told my family that there was less than 2% chance of me leaving the hospital. They don’t know what caused it but all my major organs were shutting down heart, Lungs, liver and kidneys. They even thought part of my brain was gone. But I fooled them and walked out on my own 2 feet. It was still almost 2 weeks before I could get back to any kind of work and I still trying to catch up on all my work.

When I had to go back in the one doctor referred to me as their miracle, for pulling me through.

But all is not well while I am home but I had to return to the hospital twice and 2 other times I thought I would have to go back in with problems with my heart. They still need to do some tests. I was to have a nuclear stress test tomorrow but they had to cancel due to the snow they couldn’t get the drugs delivered so I am waiting to hear from as to when they can do it. At this point I don’t what the future holds I take it one day at a time. I am on light duty only no snow shoveling at all so I am unable to get out for a few days due to the snow. It will be several months at least before I may get back to anything close to normal. The good news they have not restricted me from riding this summer that’s all up to me and how I feel at the time. But they have really limited my diet no sugar, no salt, low cholesterol. No alcohol, no caffeine along with limited fluids. As long as I stay with I stay out of the hospital.

Thank you for all you prayers and good thoughts and keep them coming I need and welcome all the help I can get.

Gary

... just ain't done with either of you! You are both people who hang tough, and that is a great hope for continued healing and good living.

YOu have my prayers for continued healing for both of you and I look forward to all of us hearing from you that you've made it back to the scoot.

And, if you have not posted to my POST, THE OLDEST VENTURE RIDER on 1st and 2nd Gen tech talk, please do so; as well in 2nd gen tech talk I’ve added a post (Dangerous!?) : YOUNGEST TO OLDEST QUEEN SEAT AND UP VR RIDERS. The whole gang has jumped in, so post your two cents worth as well. So far the oldest is 77 and the youngest is 16. And, can you believe it? He rides a 1st gen VR!

Also, (forgive if this is a repeated invitation, LOL). Come to CO and I will keep up with you at my soon to be 71 with two new knees and on my 86 VR. The OLDEST and YOUNGEST post summary will be posted soon. Under Both VENTURES, 1st Gen and 2nd Gen.

:thumbsup2::clap2::happy65::happy65::happy65::Venture:JackZ

Hey Gary,

Both Jean and I were glad to see a post from you! Our prayers go out to you and your grandson. Just knowing that you are "still Kickin'" is a great comfort to us. Please continue to post so we all know you are OK.

It is great to hear from you, remember to take care of yourself, we've got some riding to do this summer! :thumbsup2:

Best wishes from Earl and Jean