IGNORED

Hannigan or Motor Trike

buckeye13

Had mine triked outin Nov. went with Hannigan but that was my preferance I know they are the only ones that have running boards that you can stand on Didn't get much riding time as the weather turned bad on me others will chime in cougar was a great help to me when I was getting it done. :smile5:

I have a Hannigan and love it. There is only a couple that will fit the RSV. I had mine switched over July '08. The "running boards" are an important thing if you get them. Which ever you go to, make sure that they are the ones that you can stand on. 1K off is a good deal on the Hannigan.

Ken

First of all I want to ask 1-UP were he got those add-on lower lights? (rear)

Are they reflectors or working brake lights? send me a shout when you can about that!

looks like they fit right in the right spot! :D

ANYWAY! , To buckeye , I did my research and for myself I found that the Hannigan

Cost the most *LOL* and almost went with Tri-Wing. But after lots of research and

how the underside is built I went with Hannigan , they also come with a 3 year warranty as well. there support staff is wonderful, you also must have the kit installed by an authorized dealer, the dealers are on there site map.

OR you can have it built right at Hannigan! from start to finish I would say it takes about 30 days from when the paper work is submitted when going though a dealer. if you decide to go this route , make sure to send a saddle bag for color match. there colors are dead on. steering is wonderful as long as you add the EZ Steer kit. there is your $1000.00 Discount for free! the 1000 is for options. your total cost for this will run you around 13 to 14 K depending on what you get added to the kit.

Another thing is that there is no reverse and I was afraid of that until I got it home. the darn thing will push and pull with the utmost ease. there are others with differant Kits and they are great as well. they will chime in here soon!

Feel free to call me anytime with any Qustions you might have.

Jeff

Are they reflectors or working brake lights? send me a shout when you can about that!

Jeff

Jeff those are trailer led lights. At least I'm pretty sure they are. I'm replacing those on my trike while doing up grades to my trike. There's two styles of these ligts used. One is the type truckers use which are rubber mounted and require a hole for the rubber to slip into and then the light itself pops in. The other style is a flush mounted type that uses screws to fasten to the body. Here's a link at e-bay for the flush mounted types --- http://motors.shop.ebay.com/__?_from=R40&_trksid=p3841.m39.l1313&_nkw=led+trailer+lights&_sacat=6028

& http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-Red-LED-Stop-Turn-Tail-Surface-Mount-Trailer-Lights_W0QQitemZ370322538321QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item5638f17f51

These are the ones I'm using as well. You can see the same lights on my trailer. Look in my profile pics.

Larry

for a $1000 and you can get reverse on a hanigan, they don't ship to homes, you need to have them or one off thier dealers do it. I'm looking into doing mine, so I'm been doing alot of research on them.

Edited by jonesy

for a $1000 and you can get reverse on a hannigan ??

Reverse Kit ..............................................................................................$1,395.00

Installation of Reverse ..................................................................................$295.00

For Harley Only so far.

Edited by Cougar

I had my Hannigan kit done in July 09. I already have 12,000 miles on it. It does not come with reverse. I was worried about that until I actually rode it and have never had a problem since. It rolls really easy if I ever get in a spot that would have needed reverse.

If you get it done, be sure you get the EZ Steer put on. I didn't find out until after the fact (after talking to 1up at the Vogel) that I needed handle bar risers. I installed 1 1/2" risers and it made a world of difference in the handling.

I will tell you that I dropped alot in gas mileage. I now average 25mpg or less (depending on how I drive it). That is probably the worst part, but I still wouldn't trade it for anything.

I did get the running boards and love them. You can absolutely stand on them with no problems. I have added extra lights. The two lights on the bottom, I got the idea from 1up and hooked them up as running lights only. The other lights I just happened to find. I am adding a couple pics to show you.

Feel free to call me anytime. I did get the Trike done at my dealer, but Hannigan's is about 30 miles from my home. If I can help in any way, let me know.

Don

[ATTACH]40749[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]40750[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]40751[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]40752[/ATTACH]

I emailed the dealer I got the quote from, reverse is something they put on thier hanigan trikes, not a standard opition from hanigan. If someone is interested it can be added to your exsisting hanigan trike for $1000. They are Misty Mountain Cycles from Ark.

Edited by jonesy

Cougar,

I got those lights at Northern Tool. I have them hooked up to my tail lights and brake lights. When I saw them I went ahead and bought them not knowing if they would fit or not. When I got home and tried them, it looked like they were made for the trike. I have seen them at other places. I don't know if Harbour Freight has them or not. Maybe Tractor Supply, you just have to look around.

I drilled two holes for each light for the bolts to go through and one for the wire. After that they were easy. Had a little trouble wiring them. Ended up going to the Yamaha dealer who sold me the trike kit and had him wire them. That should tell you that I'm not very good at wiring.

They sure put out the extra brake light when you need it. Hannigan should put them on all their kits when they sell them. (Along with the regular lights)

Hope you enjoy your kit. It takes just a short time to get use to the trike compared to the 2 wheels.

Have fun, and send us pictures.

Ken:photographing: