IGNORED

shindengen regulator ?

I am in the process of installing the shindengen voltage regulator. The question I have is if I install this in the air duct under the radio will it increase interference with the radio in any way? Being the three wires from the stator run into the regulator. I am also going to remove my tachometer and fix it, if possible. Mine has always been slow to react to changes in engine RPM. I removed it once and lubed it up thereby fixing the problem with it. But it has now gone back to slow response again. Has anyone a spare tach if so how much do you need for it. :D

I'm thinking you're thinking of putting the R/R in the ducting so that it gets more forced air when you're riding. However, when you're not riding, it'll be in stagnant air in a tight place. Those R/Rs do get warm and are designed to convert excess electrical energy into heat energy. If you could find a place that has ambient air flow, I think that would better.

If you're putting the R/R that close to the radio, I don't think it will have much of an effect...but if you're concerned about it, temporarily install it near the radio to see how it works.