IGNORED

Peg Lowers for 1987 Yamaha XVZ13DTC VENTURE

Guest JakeBean

Guest JakeBean

Looking at a '87 Venture Royale XVZ13DTC. Need brake and clutch pedal lowers to get it to fit. Need to move the pegs down and forward. Any suggestions? Resources? I'm new here, any help appreciated. NOTE: I did own a '99 RSV, and do own a '03 RSV with sidecar. The '87 would be added, and replace a Road Star 1700. Thanks again.

The MKI, 83 to 85, assemblies are interchangeable with the MKII's and will allow you to adjust the peg position forward and back about 3 inches, but the lowering part will need to be fabbed up. Maybe a piece of stainless plate with matching hole patterns.

Is it only the Mk1 (83 to 85) pegs that are adjustable? This is something I would also like to consider for my 88VR.

Yep, the 83 to 85.... and I'm not real sure about the 85s??... are adjustable fore and aft. I pick up very clean sets off Ebay and install them on my MKII's. I pass on the uglies. When I bought the '93 it had a messed up shift lever..bent big time... Took a spare MKI shifter I had, and it bolted right up. The brake is also adjustable. Makes the pedal a lot more confortable.

Bob - I appreciate that very much. Sorry I wasn't able to join you and others in Kitchener recently. However, I do hope to see you sometime with Scott or others before next spring. I can do some limited work in our condo indoor parking area through the winter, so I may be able to have them installed in time for spring rides. In the meantime, best wishes to you and Becky.