IGNORED

Eagle Scouts

campfire12

Not one to boast.. but tonight my Youngest son Shane completed his Boy Scout district eagle board of review... and I'm proud to announce that he is the newest Eagle Scout in the Ohio River Councle Boy Scouts of America..... I made Eagle in 1976 my son Brent in 1996 now Shane 2009..I'm so happy:dancefool::clap2:

Tell Shane I said Congrats. That is an honor to be proud of now and always. My brother and I both made Eagle. I made it in 1977. Tell him to keep up the good work and get the palms to go with it. I ended up with 41 merit badges and all 3 palms. I'm still proud of it today. Some of the things scouts taught me still helps me today. Last week I was thinking of posting on here and see how many Eagles we had on this sight. I just never did it.

Hey Dan,

Both Jean and myself send a most heartfelt congratulation to your son Shane. I myself made it to Life Scout and was a member of "The Order Of The Arrow" but a family emergency forced me to drop out. I regret not finishing and am very proud that your son did. Please give him our best regards, :clap2:

Earl and Jean

Congratulations to the new Eagle and the proud Dad!!! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

He doesn't realize it, but this training will serve him well through out his life to come. :thumbsup2:

I made Eagle, God and Country and was inducted into the Order of the Arrow. My Dad was our Explorer Scout Air Squadron leader. He contracted with a local business man who had a small airplane (1941 Aeronca Chief) that needed rebuilding. The business man furnished the parts and we scouts, with the help of a local A&E mechanic, furnished the labor. We completed that project and several of us flew it numerous hours. :12101:

I started my special needs son on that path and got him through Webelos, in Cub Scouts. Sadly when we transitioned to a Boy Scout troop, most of the boys were older and not used to having a special needs boy in their ranks. The leader was not much better and did not think I needed to hang around, during the meetings. I was shocked! After the 3rd meeting, my son did not want to go back. I did not blame him. Sadly there was not another troop close.

Not one to boast.. but tonight my Youngest son Shane completed his Boy Scout district eagle board of review... and I'm proud to announce that he is the newest Eagle Scout in the Ohio River Councle Boy Scouts of America..... I made Eagle in 1976 my son Brent in 1996 now Shane 2009..I'm so happy:dancefool::clap2:

Boast away I know what a great achievement and the hard work he put in and the sacrifices that you as a family made for him to reach this goal. My parents gave up a lot of their time for my Scouting career from Cub Scouts all the way to Explores. I still see the pride in my parents faces when I look at the Pics from my Eagle Court of Honor back in 77 and I'm sure Shane will too at His Eagle Court of Honor. Congrats to Shane for a great accomplishment.

John

You ARE boasting, and you have a perfect right to do so. :D

Nick Diaz

Middletown, MD

Congrats to your sons and your family. It takes a lot of effort to accomplish, especially when you consider that only 3% of all boys that start scouting achieve the rank of Eagle Scout.

As the father of two Eagle Scouts, I understand your reason and right to be so proud.

Congrats again.

Dave

You have every right to boast, sounds like he came from good stock, It takes a lot of hard work and dedication to make it to Eagle Scout.

Shake his hand and congratulate him for me.:clap2:

If I am not mistaken Don's,( Freebird) son is about to make Eagle Scout. I think it would be cool to find out how many members here made it all the way to Eagle Scout.

• 2 years later...

Making Eagle is an honor - you have every right to be proud of your son! It shows commitment and dedication - character traits to follow him throughout his lifetime. I too am a proud father of an Eagle Scout. My son is dreading the day he "ages out" in October, but has earned 4 palms in addition to his Eagle status and hopes to earn more before then. Tell your son to keep on keeping on!

Tell him Congrats from another Eagle Scout down here in NC. I made it just 12 years ago with two palms and brotherhood "Order of the Arrow". It is something to be proud of. I wear my pin everytime i am in a suit at work. It brings up conversation and believe me it does help in may ways for things in life. I have the Eagle Scout license plate for my car and a eagle scout sticker on the bike, just to let the cops know, LMAO.

Congrats again and tell him to keep up the HARD work. :cool10:

Congratulations Shane and Dad!!

It is very fitting to be proud. Only 5% or less of boys who join scouts ever earn this rank. Many of our nations leaders, past and present as well as many of our heros first demonstrated their leadership by earning this rank. I know well the effort and leadership needed to acquire this difficult goal. My oldest son is just now preparing to submit his eagle project proposal and I hope he has the right stuff to follow through.

Gary Mace

Assistant Scoutmaster

Troop 91 - Morristown, Tn

Great Smoky Mountain Council

------------------------------

Congratulations! :cool10:

My 3rd son finished his Eagle last year. My 2 older brothers & I all received ours the same night in '78.

I've got transformers & ratfink on my bike, maybe time to add a small proud father of an eagle sticker too.

Doug