IGNORED

Passing Lamps and Lightbar help

I am ordering items for my winter projects and need some help. I have read the threads involving passing lamps and understand how to install, but here is where my dumbness comes in. I have an 06 beautiful black tour deluxe with a straight light bar which the turn signals connect horizontal at the ends. I want to add passing lamps but am confused. Every site I look at to order the lights and mounts show a curved light bar. Do I have to purchase this light bar? or do they make lights for the straight one? If so, do the passing lights come with the turn signals that hang underneath or am I suppose to do something with the stock ones. I just want to buy something and can't figure this out. It looks to me like the turn signals that are on the ends now would come out and the passing lights would go in there place, but I don't know. Really need help in buying. I just bought kromewerks slip on and want to buy all the lights, including Led for the rear, and possibly engine lights and want to have everything so I can do all the electric at one time with taking the saddlebags and gas tank off. I appreciate any help.

Thanks

Walt:bang head:

The curved light bar accomodates the new driving lights and you use your existing signals.They attach below the driving lights.

The straight bar you have now is removed.I have attached a picture of mine that are yamaha's driving lights and the bar came with them as a set.

I am ordering items for my winter projects and need some help. I have read the threads involving passing lamps and understand how to install, but here is where my dumbness comes in. I have an 06 beautiful black tour deluxe with a straight light bar which the turn signals connect horizontal at the ends. I want to add passing lamps but am confused. Every site I look at to order the lights and mounts show a curved light bar. Do I have to purchase this light bar? or do they make lights for the straight one? If so, do the passing lights come with the turn signals that hang underneath or am I suppose to do something with the stock ones. I just want to buy something and can't figure this out. It looks to me like the turn signals that are on the ends now would come out and the passing lights would go in there place, but I don't know. Really need help in buying. I just bought kromewerks slip on and want to buy all the lights, including Led for the rear, and possibly engine lights and want to have everything so I can do all the electric at one time with taking the saddlebags and gas tank off. I appreciate any help.

Thanks

Walt:bang head:

First of all, great choice of bike! The '06 Midnight Tour Deluxe is the sexiest. :thumbsup:

So, if it wasn't clear, what is done is that the stock turn signals end up hanging below the passing lamps on a new curved bar. (Before/After photos below)

You buy the mounting bar (P/N STR-1D635-40-00) and then choose either sealed beam (STR-4NK35-10-00) or halogen (STR-4NK35-10-01) lamps. I bought the halogen and I am very happy.

I was not so happy about the installation by the dealer, which turned the lamps off when I turned on highbeams. Lots of advice here on this site about how to do it properly using a relay. I'd snoop around until I understand. (Took me a while!)

If I might suggest projects for you, I would first install an auxiliary fuse box under the seat. Then you can branch out to the front and back, and have a solid place to grab energy from.

Good luck, and have fun!

Dave

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3079/2770920679_c54131da7d.jpg http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3066/2831465795_181a9626a7.jpg

Thanks Dave and everyone else. Now I understand. I am going to run a fuse box and relay so my lights are ignition controlled. I have read horror stories about dealer installation and am scared to death. I will attempt this myself. Will have plenty of time with the winter months coming. Thanks again and Hope I can return the favor. When I start the projects I will photograph for step by step instructions.

Thanks, that was the next question I was going to bother everyone with. I know I just turned 51 but I don't remember it being so hard to see at night. I was just reading on what kind of light bulb to replace the stock one with. Was looking at a PIAA at 44.00 until you gave me this advise. Thanks

First of all, great choice of bike! The '06 Midnight Tour Deluxe is the sexiest. :thumbsup:

So, if it wasn't clear, what is done is that the stock turn signals end up hanging below the passing lamps on a new curved bar. (Before/After photos below)

You buy the mounting bar (P/N STR-1D635-40-00) and then choose either sealed beam (STR-4NK35-10-00) or halogen (STR-4NK35-10-01) lamps. I bought the halogen and I am very happy.

I was not so happy about the installation by the dealer, which turned the lamps off when I turned on highbeams. Lots of advice here on this site about how to do it properly using a relay. I'd snoop around until I understand. (Took me a while!)

If I might suggest projects for you, I would first install an auxiliary fuse box under the seat. Then you can branch out to the front and back, and have a solid place to grab energy from.

Good luck, and have fun!

Dave

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3079/2770920679_c54131da7d.jpg http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3066/2831465795_181a9626a7.jpg

if i follow your instructions to the letter, will the seat of my motorcycle fill up with such a pretty young lady??

someone was gunna say it.....:rasberry:mike

Before someone ask's the question, the Wagner #7600 sealed beam bulbs are only 37.5 watts compared to the stock 30watt bulbs. At 60,000cp they really do the job at night. You will want to aim them a little lower than normal because they are sooooooooo bright.

:thumbsup2: