IGNORED

brake pad recommendation

autopilot

I know this has been asked before, but for the life of me I can't find the right threads & posts. Did the search...no joy!

Would anyone be so kind as to recommend a brand of brake pads for my '98 RSTD and a retailer or two where I can get them at the best prices. I don't play canyon racer wannabe or anything like that (not like we actually have canyons around here anyway) and I am generally not hard on brakes at all, so they won't have to be some special race capable part. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to have a source or two for rotors, while we're at it, just in case!

Thanks in advance...

EBC HH pads are the best and are about the same price as OEM.

EBC is also the only place besides OEM that'll carry rotors that I know of.

Your dealer can order EBC and probably stocks the cheaper ones, but you can buy em online cheaper usually if you don't get double dipped on shipping charges.

EBC HH pads are the best and are about the same price as OEM.

I just put a set of these on the front of my RSV (at a mechanics recommendation) and now I have a buzz sound in the front. I believe it is the holes on the rotor and the square edges of the pads making the noise.

Is that normal for the EBC HH pads?

Rotors are a little pricey, so I went with the EBC rated GG pads for relacement on the rear of my RSV. $30.76 out the door @ Capitol Cycle in Macon, GA. yesterday. Good pads.

+1 to this. Note these are NOT the HH sintered ones. About the same price at my local stealer too, so I get mine there.