IGNORED

Rain Rain Go Away.........

DragonRider

Its raining so hard I cant make it to the shop in my back yard, I would be soaking wet by the time I get it unlocked and open, so looks like my work resuming on the old girl will have to wait till I get a break in the rain, and its in the forecast for the next 7 days, so even if I get if finished in the next week, wont be able to ride it......what a drag.Just hope the shop and the bike don't float away.:depressed::depressed:

Its raining so hard I cant make it to the shop in my back yard, I would be soaking wet by the time I get it unlocked and open, so looks like my work resuming on the old girl will have to wait till I get a break in the rain, and its in the forecast for the next 7 days, so even if I get if finished in the next week, wont be able to ride it......what a drag.Just hope the shop and the bike don't float away.:depressed::depressed:
CAN YOU MAKE IT TO YOUR RAIN GEAR OR AN UMBRELLA? iT'S A PERFECT DAY TO WORK IN THE SHOP

Lew, we are on the same rain track you are, but even though we had rain predicted for all day, I woke to beautiful sunshine. I took a ride alone down through the country on roads I have never been on before and it was like riding through a moving postcard. I ended up making a 140 mile loop and as I neared home, the gray clouds started moving in, but never got rained on.

For us to have had drought last year, and you were worse than here in east Tennessee, we are now above average in rainfall. July was the 4th wettest one on record and I don't know how August was, but it was wet. It looks like September is going to follow the same as we have rain predicted for the next week. :rain2:

I know one thing, we have had a cool summer and if this is any indication of what winter is going to be like, it might be a good time to hunt a snowmobile, at least up here in the mountains. :cold:

RandyA

It did slack off a little close to noon, so I went out to the shop and started the procress of putting the old girl back together. Got the front wheel and brakes and fender, the whole of the fairing including windshield, radios, quit for the nite, she is looking pretty good for a 26 year old bike, tomorrow hopefully will be able to finish, too bad I wont be able to ride it, cant get it out of the back yard till it dries out around here.:depressed:

Lew put your clothes & towel in a plastic baggie and run naked to the garage. You can take a quick shower on the way, then dry off and put your clothes on!:cool17:

But then we would have to start calling you the naked dragon:whistling:

Weather patterns change from time to time, and what we are experiencing this year probably has been the case in the past as well. Often times my thoughts go back about 100 years and I wonder how folks dealt with this kind of weather back then. They didn't have all the modern conveniences that we have available to us today. We are much better set up either drought or deluge,, not saying we can't be a little discouraged at times, but it makes me have more respect for how they managed through it all back then. Must have been a chore and a worry.

Seven inches of rain here yesterday. Do you live in a hick town? Here's what we found people doing for entertainment: Cars were stopped on the road, people gawking at the local soccer/baseball field, which is now a small lake, the drainage ditch having overflowed and completely covered several acres about a foot deep.

Lew put your clothes & towel in a plastic baggie and run naked to the garage. You can take a quick shower on the way, then dry off and put your clothes on!:cool17:

But then we would have to start calling you the naked dragon:whistling:

And we don't want NO PICS!!! We will take your word on this one!!