IGNORED

old school

gunboat

this has nothing to do with nothing, but when was the last time you southern folks, maybe even northern folks or anyone for that matter. had a good old cold glass of milk and a slice of cornbread cooked in saved bacon grease. and you dunked that slice of cornbread in that glass of milk. or just had it with some real old fashion butter. well if you can't remember well that's too long. hot d--- momma i'am back home.

peace & love to all

best reguards

don c. :witch_brew:

Edited by gunboat

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hay rick

what about the (rum, ribs & bbq) i read in your interest section? :rotfl::rotfl::cool10::cool10: but brother i'am right there along side of ya.

don c.

OMG!!! talk about being CAUGHT IN THE ACT huh? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Well, to be honest, your "recipe" does sound yummy... years ago I always saved the bacon grease... then when it was cold I'd smear in on a slice of thick buttered bread...add some salt & pepper.... ooohhhhhhhhhhhh man that was sooooooo good.

These days I tend to stay away from as much of that kinda stuff as I can.... allows me to CONSUME MORE RUM & RIBS! :rasberry:

As a child, growing up in Virginia my mom made the best cornbread on the planet. For a special treat, she would make her cornbread and put it in those old tin muffin pans with the muffin papers. My brothers and I thought that was sooo cool because each cornbread muffin was made for a special person, all wrapped up.

We were on our way to North Carolina to visit my dad's sister and brother-in-law, Aunt Erma and Uncle Roy. Well let me tell you mom had outdone herself for this trip baking over 4 dozen cornbread muffins and I had the honor of holding the basket in the back of the car all the way to North Carolina. That night, at the dinner table, Aunt Erma had laid out a feast and Uncle Roy had mentioned many times how he was looking forward to havin' a few of mom's cornbread muffins! Well about half way thru dinner, I started looking around at everyone eating and noticed the big pile of muffin papers in front of everyone's plate, everyone except Uncle Roy! Well being the delightful, curious child that I was (pesky, pain in the A$$) I yelled across the table, "Uncle Roy, where's all your muffin papers?" well needless to say, everyone at the table turned their gaze toward Uncle Roy and in a sheepish voice he said, "I thought those muffins were a mite chewy!"

He must have eaten at least a dozen, paper and all!

We laughed until we cried.:Laugh:

When was the last time you laughed till you cried?

Thanks for reminding me about cornbread,

Earl

hi kross k

yep i have to second motion that, let me know when the deer chili done. i still have my momma's cast iron skillet (bless her soul) but didn't use it tonight. used one of them new non-slick 9" pie pan. dog gone bacon grease would hardly stick to the sides of that pie pan. never had that problem with the old cast iron.

don c.

Edited by gunboat

WOW!!

Of all of the topics on a MOTORCYCLE Board - Cornbread?

I think it is great that this topic has gotten soooo much attention.

I like the mention of deer chili & corn bread. I think I will casually mention it to my wife and hopefully she will make it for me.

Keep it up folks, this is great.

craigr