IGNORED

New Scorpion helmet

Sideoftheroad

I currently have the EXO-700 Silver Burst. Still shows in their catalog, but not on their web-site that I could find.

Pretty good helmet IMO. I have the tinted face shield. It was already on the helmet when I bought it from the dealer so I got it for free and he gave me a new in the bag clear shield.

Only issue I have is the tinted shield does fog when I am going at slow speeds or at a stop light. Going the speed limit, no problems. It does get worse the colder the temp. I pretty much don't use the clear shield so not sure about it. Just seems like there isn't enough ventilation up front by your mouth to keep it clear so I constantly have to lift the face shield to clear the fogging.

Another thing is I think the 1st position when you lift the face shield is too high. If they put in another position between fully closed and the 1st position would be ideal to me.

Can you use Plexas or something similar to get away from the fogging?

I remember when I used to ride back and forth to work 365, winter being cold and snowy, I used to have problems with my full face helmet fogging up when slow to stopped. I found something to put on the inside of the shield and it kept it clear. But for the life of my I can't remember what it was - (20 years ago).

I have to believe they make something for this nowadays.

craigr

I have e-mailed Scorpion a couple times now in regards to the 900. If you look again, they also have a snow version. If you already have the 900 you can buy a kit to convert it for snow. The face shield is electric.

It will be similar to this which is for my 700 Snow Kit

Here's the 900 snow version

If you look at the accessories, you can definetly drop some $$$ on these helmets.

I like it. Thinking about getting one for next year. Just wish they would come out w/ some graphics on it like their other helmets besides solid colors

EXO-900

I bought 2 of them love it head set hooks in and love the hide-away visior got mine from JPcycles(im a gold club member)saved a few bucks on them.:12101:

• 1 month later...

I wanted to revive the post a bit. I e-mailed scorpion about the condensation issue. They said they redesigned the plate that has an extra notch on it. The extra notch will allow you to slightly open the helmet to let the condensation escape. As it is now, the 1st notch opens it up to where alot of cold air comes into the helmet. They are sending me new plates for free.

That's awesome.