IGNORED

DUMB QUESTION (maybe not) - MotorKote

SilvrT

Seems most of you changed your oil at the same time you added the MotorKote (is that correct)??? My oil is not due to be changed...it's synthetic....and I don't want to fork out the bucks to change it just yet.

Has anyone added the MotorKote to the oil that's in the bike without changing it?

Would this be ok to do or not recommended??

Guest curtismiller

We buy a 5 yr warrenty bike designed by engineers who are so far over our heads in knowledge of engines its unreal.They give us a operators manuel on how to service it.If there was an oil additive or any other chemical that would extend or protect this engine I believe it would come packaged with the new bike with instructions to use it or state when we need it.I use no additives .Just my opinon and not intended for controversy. Curtis

We buy a 5 yr warrenty bike designed by engineers who are so far over our heads in knowledge of engines its unreal.They give us a operators manuel on how to service it.If there was an oil additive or any other chemical that would extend or protect this engine I believe it would come packaged with the new bike with instructions to use it or state when we need it.I use no additives .Just my opinon and not intended for controversy. Curtis

I know what you say is true and yet like my choice of cold medicines that we know will not cure the cold my adding this chemical makes me feel better. :D

I had a little over 1000 miles on the Rotella 15w40 when I added the Motorkote.

And I have always had an "additives are a waste of money" attitude, too. But I also have an open mind. Others have said it worked for them so I tried it... and it does work (for me) for taking away a LOT of the noise, even though I think mine was one of the less noisy ones.

And engineers can definitely screw-up just like everyone else. Remember the Yugo and the Chevy Vega? (Especially that Vega engine. :doh: ) And why would they build a motorcycle that screams at you and leaves you needing to find a solution to quiet it?

Just my :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :happy34:

Then how come after all these years those knowledgable engineers can't make the whine and churp disappear through improved engine design??????:witch_brew:

I had a little over 1000 miles on the Rotella 15w40 when I added the Motorkote.

And I have always had an "additives are a waste of money" attitude, too. But I also have an open mind. Others have said it worked for them so I tried it... and it does work (for me) for taking away a LOT of the noise, even though I think mine was one of the less noisy ones.

And engineers can definitely screw-up just like everyone else. Remember the Yugo and the Chevy Vega? (Especially that Vega engine. :doh: ) And why would they build a motorcycle that screams at you and leaves you needing to find a solution to quiet it?

Just my :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :2cents: :happy34:

Chevy Vega! My first new car after high school, because my 63 Pontiac was dying and I needed reliable transportation to get to work. Fill up the oil and check the gas, and change the exploding timing chains, and replace the cylinder head every 50K miles whether you wanted to or not. WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!!!!!!!:doh::doh::doh::doh:

Seems most of you changed your oil at the same time you added the MotorKote (is that correct)??? My oil is not due to be changed...it's synthetic....and I don't want to fork out the bucks to change it just yet.

Has anyone added the MotorKote to the oil that's in the bike without changing it?

Would this be ok to do or not recommended??

I added mine about fifteen hundred kilometers before my 7000 km oil change (which I am just approaching now). I was told by a sales rep that Motorkote adhears to the metal surfaces in your engine so it doesn't get dumped with the oil when you pull the drain plug. That's why you only need to add it every third or fourth oil change. Eventually it does wear out, but there will be no need to add more the first time you change your oil if you add it ahead of the change.

Guest tx2sturgis
If there was an oil additive or any other chemical that would extend or protect this engine I believe it would come packaged with the new bike with instructions to use it or state when we need it.I use no additives .Just my opinon and not intended for controversy. Curtis

Hey, controversy is what you get sometimes.

The manufacturers have NO, NADA, ZIP, incentive to help you keep your bike on the road forever, or even for 10 years. They make money again when your bike wears out. It's called planned obsolescence and I thought every consumer knew it existed in everything from lightbulbs to CD players to TV's to cars. It's apparent and almost provable when it comes to motorcycles.

Hey, controversy is what you get sometimes.

The manufacturers have NO, NADA, ZIP, incentive to help you keep your bike on the road forever, or even for 10 years. They make money again when your bike wears out. It's called planned obsolescence and I thought every consumer knew it existed in everything from lightbulbs to CD players to TV's to cars. It's apparent and almost provable when it comes to motorcycles.

Good thing they didn't think that way when they designed and built my '83..... :sign20:

I ordered my first 32oz bottle last week and can't wait to try it to see if it really helps with both the whine and the MPG's. Got a great deal on Amazon.com - $26.50 and no shipping charge. That beats the motorkote.com web site price by about $12 bucks.

:banana:

The "bike" mfg's are not in the lubrication business...if they were, we would not have the plethora of over-the-counter "additives" that we do. And I'm not just talking about oil additives.... do you or did you ever put SeaFoam in your gas? (not "you" Curtis ... "you" anyone)

The "bike" mfg's are not in the lubrication business...if they were, we would not have the plethora of over-the-counter "additives" that we do. And I'm not just talking about oil additives.... do you or did you ever put SeaFoam in your gas? (not "you" Curtis ... "you" anyone)

Every chance I get!!

I do not use sea foam either.I am smart enough to pour out bad gas and clean the carbs if they need it.

Well, since you're so smart, I'm sure you don't use any additional lighting on the front or rear either. Or footpegs. Or a trunk rack or liner bags. Surely you aren't using any cleaners or waxes for your bike that Yamaha doesn't ship with the bike???

I do not use sea foam either.I am smart enough to pour out bad gas and clean the carbs if they need it.

that insinuates that those who do use SeaFoam are dumb (or not as smart as you)....:rasberry: :witch_brew: :witch_brew:

oh c'mon... I'm just razzin ya ... everyone's entitled to their own beliefs and there's nuthin wrong with your's.

^5

Guest curtismiller

I surrender. PS My bike has mud flaps,curb feelers,OOOga horn and a coon tail on the antenna.I lost my fuzzy dice,did you take them.

Edited by curtismiller