IGNORED

Motorkote comments and tracking??

Thought It would be interesting to start a thread for the brave ones who are using Motorkote in our bikes.

I would hope that this will be input from actual users and a place to track results or lack of them with this product.

I hope we don't get the nasayers who know of a second cousin on their great grandmother's side that put the stuff in his bike before he went to prison and by the time he got paroled the stuff had turned to acid and melted his bike.

I have heard the stories and warnings about the damage to the clutch but when I press the mechanic or fellow rider as to WHO this happened to it is always "well, I heard from a friend or a friend or read something somewhere that this can happen.

I am not sure in the past but this product has no hesitation in recommending it to be used in motorcycles.

I just put mine in and have about 150 miles on the bike. will post my findings after a few more miles

I am wondering if any one wants to comment who is using one any of the following:

1. Whine better. worse or no change?

2. clutch better less jump when putting in gear, no change or worse any problems at all?

3. Gas mileage better worse or same?

4. overall engine sound. Smoother, no change?

5. Rpm speed range of noise tighter, same or shift as to duration on start and when it goes away? Does it go away?

General comments about bike after using.

I thought this could bring a place to get all input in one thread.

Look forward to hearing from others using Motorkote.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad this thread was started, I'm not one for additives but I'll give it a try if it will quite my 2008 RSTD down (3000miles):crying:

This transmission/clutch area sounds like a new teenage band in poor tune:whistling:

Well , as some of you know I have the worst sound in the world.

I have been using Motorkote now for 1 week. I simply love the stuff.

I still am evaluating the stuff. so far my (whine) has been cut in half. (40 to 50%)

depending what gear range I am in.

My mileage is about 2 mpg better now. however motorkote has to be

used over time and gets better.

My mix was 3 Qts of Amzoil 10/40 to 12 Oz's of MotorKote.

I was amazed on my first ten miles and now with about 200

miles of use , I am simply loving it.

My engine is even Quieter as well , not much clunking when

going into gear as well.

I even rode with my helmet off last week for a while to test it

just to make sure I was not Hallucinating *lol*

MotorKote does not mix with the oil.

you can acutely see it in the site glass.

For me I am loving it. and will keep posting my results over time.

not sure what it will do for you. I am running an (I) basket now.

Jeff

I'm interested as well.

Don't know if Cougar or I have the right to claim "noisiest" but I'll give him a run for his money with my chirp. I want to know if it would quiet that and by how much.

I guess we can have a 3-way contest....winner of the noisiest clutch basket gets a steak dinner paid by the other 2????? I can almost taste it now!!! :big-grin-emoticon:

Like Cougar, my whine/chirp/scream was reduced by about half. Unfortunately, that's not enough. My I basket will be delivered today....hoping most of the rest will be fixed by that.

Joe

What about clutches?? Didn't see anything on them.

I emailed them before buying my first batch of the stuff. They assured me in writing that the product would NOT harm wet clutch systems. And so far it has not harmed mine. Another member here has been running it for 2 years with no harm.

Joe

I guess we can have a 3-way contest....winner of the noisiest clutch basket gets a steak dinner paid by the other 2????? I can almost taste it now!!! :big-grin-emoticon:

Like Cougar, my whine/chirp/scream was reduced by about half. Unfortunately, that's not enough. My I basket will be delivered today....hoping most of the rest will be fixed by that.

Joe

So you're saying that the Motorkote reduced the volume of your chirp by about 50%?

So you're saying that the Motorkote reduced the volume of your chirp by about 50%?

Don't really know if it is the volume that changed, or maybe just the frequency of the sound. The best way to describe it is that it is "softer". Don't know if that makes any sense, but that's the way I hear it.

Joe

I have been known to shift thru the gears at 6k to 8k RPM's. Something that slick just don't sound right. How does it keep from slipping? But then I have a hard time understanding why a wet clutch doesn't burn up quickly.

Maybe the clutch material is dramatically different than the metal and it just "knows" not to adhere to anything but metal? :confused24: :rotf:

I have been known to shift thru the gears at 6k to 8k RPM's. Something that slick just don't sound right. How does it keep from slipping? But then I have a hard time understanding why a wet clutch doesn't burn up quickly.

I ride my RSV pretty hard. Usually hit the rev limiter at least once or twice every few days. Not a bit of slippage. Don't know why, I ain't that smart.

Joe

Hi jeff i have hear about it but like your remarke were do you find it and how much does it cost . I guess the cost is not important but readley like to see how it works . Let me know big mo thanks

well , as some of you know i have the worst sound in the world.

I have been using motorkote now for 1 week. I simply love the stuff.

I still am evaluating the stuff. So far my (whine) has been cut in half. (40 to 50%)

depending what gear range i am in.

My mileage is about 2 mpg better now. However motorkote has to be

used over time and gets better.

My mix was 3 qts of amzoil 10/40 to 12 oz's of motorkote.

I was amazed on my first ten miles and now with about 200

miles of use , i am simply loving it.

My engine is even quieter as well , not much clunking when

going into gear as well.

I even rode with my helmet off last week for a while to test it

just to make sure i was not hallucinating *lol*

motorkote does not mix with the oil.

You can acutely see it in the site glass.

For me i am loving it. And will keep posting my results over time.

Not sure what it will do for you. I am running an (i) basket now.

Jeff

Hi jeff thanks for the info but were do you buy it. I can not find it in fl . At any auto parts store . Willing to try it if you belive in it and it sound like you do . Had to gold wings and the sound is not what i am used to . Thanks big mo

Just got an email from their customer service rep Julie at Motorkote. FEDEX damaged the package and it's being sent back to Motorkote. They are sending a new order today and hopefully I'll get it soon. So far it seems that their customer service folks at Motorkote are better than most. As soon as I get the product and put about 500 - 750 miles on the bike I'll post a report.

Hi joe sound like you like it real well . Let me know how it works for you and the sound is thanks big mo

don't really know if it is the volume that changed, or maybe just the frequency of the sound. The best way to describe it is that it is "softer". Don't know if that makes any sense, but that's the way i hear it.

Joe

Will do, Big Guy!

I've been using it for about 2500 miles, so feel fairly confident that it is good stuff. Fuel mileage increased also....not sure if it is totally the motorkote oil treatment, or the free fuel treatment that they send along with your order. I do know that when I add the fuel treatment I can tell a difference. At least I THINK I can!!! :)

Joe

I found motorkote on amazon with free shipping but you don't get fuel stuff and have to spend $25 to get free shipping. they have the larger size which qualifies for the free shipping.

I got my first batch from Motorkote web site mentioned earlier.

Seems to be great with my clutch.. the shifting , clutch and all!

Just a smoother running engine in my book!... Just what Joe says

about the sound. my pitch HAS reduced to a level that does not

bother me anymore. however. the oil that you start with will

make a HUGE difference. I will not even go into that right now..

Lemme see if I can do this..

Before Pitch 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10

With MotorKote Pitch 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10

the red means (whine).

Now having this (whine) for almost 5 years now and

learned the live with it. and have tried EVERY SINGLE

Bit of OIL TYPES and ADDITIVES that (every one has mentioned on this site)

AND ALL THE DIFFERENT CLUTCH BASKETS ON THE MARKET!

Nothing has helped until now. and like I say I am still evaluating this stuff.

so far it has been working for me. with my mixture.

Keep posting guys as I will do the same!

my the best WHINE WIN! :clap2:

Jeff