IGNORED

C/T on a Voyager Trike?

DONATALIE

I originally posted this in the Trike/Sidecar section, but only got one response. So, I'll ask it here. "Anybody out there using a car tire on an RSV with a Voyager trike kit on it? I spoke to my local Voyager dealer today, and he suggested that it might make the Voyager ride too hard, and/or bounce too much? Anyone heard of this being a problem? I have an 11 year old son who is wheel chair bound, but he LOVES to ride the RSV. However, he has gotten too big (5'10" tall and 190 lbs!), as have I, (240 lbs) for the recommended max weight, according to Yamaha. I ordered my Voyager trike kit today, and thought it might be a good time to switch to the car tire to get the extra mileage, since lean will no longer be an issue. But the Voyager dealer strongly recommended against it. Any and all comments would be welcome." Thanks. Don from PA

I can only speak of what I know... Using a Kumho PowerStar 758 on my RSV w/out a trike kit.

The load rating on an Avon Venom that fits the RSV is 901 lbs at max pressure. The Kumho is 1201 lbs at max pressure. Max pressure is 44 lbs and I run at 40-42 lbs. Some have adjusted down to approx. 10 lbs under that with good handling.

As far as handling and hard/soft ride, I have yet to tell any difference between the CT and the MC tire. I don't even think of it when I ride.

And the Kumho (165/80R15) is very close to being the same diameter as the car tire (150/90-15).

i just put that nexen tire on a frend of mine's bike,he has a voyager kit on it,took a avon off with 6,000 on it,with the trreads showing,he rode it home[250mls]sayes it seams to work real good,now to see how the milage works,tire had 6,000 on it when i put it on