IGNORED

Warm up Ride... NH to NC

Reaney in NH

My wife and I are planning a 4000 nile trip for early July.. So I thought I would Do a conditioning ride. LOL. Its as good of an excuse as any.:big-grin-emoticon:

I have to deliver some heavy car parts (axles)to a Soldier in Fayetteville NC. So I have made a trailer that's up to the task and plan to leave NH around the 20th of June. My plan is to haul ass straight down to drop the parts... Then take as much time as needed to drive home and Site seeing along the way.

My Routes are open to suggestions. Anybody up for a ride or to meet along the way? I plan to Tent it for lodging... But certainly wouldn't turn down a warm bed. I will be traveling alone.

I haven't even began to pick a route yet... I will drive mostly Freeways going down... but prefer 2 lanes for the return trip. Running back roads I usually do 2-400 miles aday.:Venture: Depending on the road and the sites. I'm in no big rush at all. Being a School bus driver... Out for the summer. :dancefool:

So... Anybody that could help me out... Or Join for a ride or... Or Sites to see? Drop me a line. My Schedule is Flexible... and so is my route.

Reaney in NH

Edited by Reaney in NH

Sent you a email/PM!

WOW... Fast response. This is such an AWESOME place. I have emailed you back.

I'm really hoping to meet a few different people from this site on this trip. Everyone is so friendly.

Going to look into the Rally as well. Sounds like fun... Thanks for the tip.

Reaney in NH

If you are going to be anywhere near western NC around July 9th thru the 12th, stop in and visit the Asheville rally. We can always find a place for you to pitch a tent and get you fed. As for your trip down now, make a detour over into Cherokee, NC and pick up the Blue Ridge Parkway and you can ride it all the way up into nothern VA, along with the Shanandoa Drive.

RandyA

On your trip down you may want to avoid the NJ Turnpike. For some reason if you're on a bike pulling a trailer they charge you semi truck rates. I know it's stupid but we went through that already. Hubby fought them on it but no sense having to pay first then get the money back later.

Once you figure out when you'll be heading down exactly let us all know. Plenty of folks on your ride down could meet up for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, ice cream or a cup of whatever.

Have a safe trip.

Margaret

I am in SE Pa. if you are gonna be close by, stop in I'll buy you lunch or whatever, also have a sofabed avail. We will be at the Skid In in WV if you want to ride some beautiful roads and meet some great people you really ought to stop in. Craig

On your trip down you may want to avoid the NJ Turnpike. For some reason if you're on a bike pulling a trailer they charge you semi truck rates. I know it's stupid but we went through that already. Hubby fought them on it but no sense having to pay first then get the money back later.

Once you figure out when you'll be heading down exactly let us all know. Plenty of folks on your ride down could meet up for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, ice cream or a cup of whatever.

Have a safe trip.

Margaret

Thanks for the tip. But, Being from the Upper midwest where there are NO TOLLS EVER... I don't ride Toll roads. I refuse to give them crooks my money... Just so I can ride on rough roads and get run down by Semi's.

I don't have an exact departure yet... I do plan to attend the Rally in WV on my way home... So, to time it out for that, I will Prolly leave Nh on Sunday or Monday June 21 or 22.

Thank you to all for the travel tips, Route tips and the warm wishes.

See you on the Road.

Reaney

Hello,

I am about 45 minutes west of Philadelphia. When I head south, I usually take Rt 1 into Maryland rather than I-95. I took I-81 South to the Carolinas a few years back. It's probably out of your way but it's a much nicer ride than I-95.

If you end up near West Chester, PA, stop in for lunch or dinner.