IGNORED

Is there a CB antenna for sale anywhere?

Help! I broke the CB antenna off. I wanted to just loosen the nuts and lower the antenna, so a bike cover would fit without cutting holes in it. The nuts were really tight, probalby corroded in place. I guess that I just put too much pressure on the wrenches and snapped the antenna off. Just a very sad experience! Does anyone have one for sale now or know where I can find one? Looks bad without it too! Thank You! Nemo.

If you have a 1999 RSV, your antennas fold for using a motorcycle cover.

There is a knurled section at the base of each antenna, lift it up and the IF the antenna was properly installed at the dealership it should fold forward. Mine were installed backwards so they folded aft...... I fixed that!!!!!

Check the notes on pages 4-12 and 4-16 of the owner's manual.

If you look at page I5 of the parts manual, part #36 is the CB antenna, but part #33 is the picture of the FM antenna but is labeled as the CB antenna...... your Yamaha dealer should be able to help you.

OR somewhere here there are directions on how to swap out the antennas with aftermarket parts. regrettably I don't have the URL handy.

I took the cable and cut it at the conector at the base of the antenna. I soldered on a pl259 connector in place of the old connector. Went to the truck stop and bought the base , fold down adapter and a firestick. put it all together and it works great. With the fold down adaptor I can still lay the antenna down to put my cover on.:337:

EBAY - item # 290320362976. Ironically, I am looking for the radio antenna side! I am brand new to this forum (just gifted myself with a Venture Royal Star Deluxe 99). At this point, I would romance the idea of going in on halfs. The item number I refrenced is the wiring harness with both antennas for a XVZ13.

If it's the correct antenna for you, let me know. I've priced out my one radio antenna inbetween $89 and $99. Getting impatient (been looking for about a week now - off and on).

Good luck / take care,

Nick

EBAY - item # 290320362976. Ironically, I am looking for the radio antenna side! I am brand new to this forum (just gifted myself with a Venture Royal Star Deluxe 99). At this point, I would romance the idea of going in on halfs. The item number I refrenced is the wiring harness with both antennas for a XVZ13.

If it's the correct antenna for you, let me know. I've priced out my one radio antenna inbetween $89 and $99. Getting impatient (been looking for about a week now - off and on).

Good luck / take care,

Nick

Nick,

Looking for a stock '99 radio antenna? I switched to firestiks. I might still have my stock radio antenna. I will check tonight.

Nick,

Looking for a stock '99 radio antenna? I switched to firestiks. I might still have my stock radio antenna. I will check tonight.

Nick,

Sorry to take so long. Are you still looking for the stock 99 antenna? I will try and get pics up tonight, but yes I have one I could sell.

Thanks

Jerry.