I have received a number of questions lately about the fusebox upgrade I did on my 87'VR last summer so I put together a budget kit for the upgrade.

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=2033

Any questions, please ask!

Earl

Hey buddy,are you and Jean bringing these kits to MD ???????????????????????????

I think that you could set up a booth and sell your upgrades if that's ok with Don..

Or sell them out of your Venture Trunk...:D

Hey Dan,

I was planning on working on your Carbs. during Maint. Day, Do I need to bring a fuse box kit for your bike with me? Don't be bashful!:rasberry:

Earl

Well,I am hoping to get the carbs done before we leave....:whistling:

If you can bring a fuse box kit along if you have room,that would be great.....:D

That way I can see how you did yours,before I hack mine up..:yikes:

A deal has been presented to me and I might be adding a 2nd Gen to the stable...:yikes:

We'll see if it pans out.....

I'll still keep the '87 if it works out......

We will see you at MD unless Shari kills me before that..:p :crackup::crackup:

Hey Dan,

I think we could pull off doing the fusebox at the Maint. Day, If you don't get the Carbs. done, bring the parts along, I'll do it for ya'.:confused24: Unless of corse you're gonna' turn the 87'VR into a "parts" bike since you're gonna' have a Second Ge.!!! (looks like Jean was right....You sissy)

Earl

Edited by skydoc_17
CRAYON BROKE!

Hey Dan,

I think we could pull off doing the fusebox at the Maint. Day, If you don't get the Carbs. done, bring the parts along, I'll do it for ya'.:confused24: Unless of corse you're gonna' turn the 87'VR into a "parts" bike since you're gonna' have a Second Ge.!!! (looks like Jean was right....You sissy)

Earl

OMG,she called me a sissy again....:yikes::yikes::yikes:

You know what that means,another 6 months of therapy....:bang head:

I will never parts out the "87....It is too nice to deserve that fate......

Shhhhhhhh,to think like the enemy,you first must become the enemy....:D :crackup::crackup::crackup:

Hey Dave,

The fuse box upgrade I had in the classifieds has been sold but if this is something that other people are interested in I can put some more together. They do come with instructions and believe me when I say that I'm "Electrically Retarded"!:doh: Thats why I put this kit together, If I can do this upgrade, ANYBODY CAN!I even enclude my cell phone number in the instructions in case you have a question. I'll start collecting more parts for more kits. If you would like one just add a comment to this post. Dave I have you down as 1.:cool10:

Earl

• 4 months later...
85's popping up everywhere. How do you put up with that "Ugly" Brown??:rotfl::innocent:

I also have wiring problems. I think they come from the factory.

HEY!!!!! Thats Glorious Maxie Brown, lol! I think instead of calling your bike "Ugly" u should call her GLorious or MAxie she might cooperate with ya more. Those females do get tempermental about stuff like name calling.....:rotf::rotf:

Brian:stirthepot:

Hey Dave,

The fuse box upgrade I had in the classifieds has been sold but if this is something that other people are interested in I can put some more together. They do come with instructions and believe me when I say that I'm "Electrically Retarded"!:doh: Thats why I put this kit together, If I can do this upgrade, ANYBODY CAN!I even enclude my cell phone number in the instructions in case you have a question. I'll start collecting more parts for more kits. If you would like one just add a comment to this post. Dave I have you down as 1.:cool10:

Earl

Got any pics of this setup Earl?

HEY!!!!! Thats Glorious Maxie Brown, lol! I think instead of calling your bike "Ugly" u should call her GLorious or MAxie she might cooperate with ya more. Those females do get tempermental about stuff like name calling.....:rotf::rotf:

Brian:stirthepot:

A friend nicknamed mine The Golden Goddess. :)

85's popping up everywhere. How do you put up with that "Ugly" Brown??:rotfl::innocent:

I also have wiring problems. I think they come from the factory.

People are finally realizing this is the fastest color and the best of the bunch. Git em while ya can!

Yanno, that color has really grown on me. At first it was weird to me. I would hate to change the color now that I like it so much.

Thanks for the info Squidley.

Does that setup fit under the tank cover OK?

I dont keep the plastic cover over the fuses as it just slightly pushes the cover up. Without the cover on there are no clearance issues. Depending upon how you install it that might not be an issue for you, but if you go like I did mine (back on the plastic strip where the old one was) it will more than likely push up a bit.

I have included a pic of the fuse box in my kit installed in the location of the stock fuse box. If you are using a lead-acid stock size battery, there will be no problem leaving the cover on the new fuse box. There might be an issue if you have an aftermarket "Gel" battery as some of them are taller. In addition to the new fuse box my kit includes two terminal blocks for "switched power" and a ground terminal block. (See second pic) The switched power terminal block has it's own fuse in the fuse box so any new accessory you want to hook up in the future doesn't require the re-wiring of the new fuse box. My kit comes with complete written instructions, a wiring diagram with wire color codes and there is NO soldering necessary.