IGNORED

2 V-Twin or not V-Twin, that is the question

Condor

Any input would be welcome. I have someone interested in trading his 1999 Excelsior-Henderson for my '92 travel trailer. I've done a lot of poking around, and don't see a lot of bad press. They only made the bike for 2 years, 1999-2000, and it seems they produced just over 2000 units. The one I'm looking at is an early stainless model, and has had all the upgrades done. Should I or??

http://www.superxowners.com/images/members/Pina_x392web.jpg

Edited by Condor

Oh man, I love those E&H's. I love that front fender design. If I remember correctly, there were some issues with the trannies, but can't remember what it was. It's been a long time since I was looking into them. Love the styling. Hated to see them go under.

Oh man, I love those E&H's. I love that front fender design. If I remember correctly, there were some issues with the trannies, but can't remember what it was. It's been a long time since I was looking into them. Love the styling. Hated to see them go under.

The two big issues were the tranny and engine heat. A must is to rebush the trans and add an oil cooler. Both have been done...

I sat on a n E&H a while back. The handlebar angle was completely wrong for my wrists. It felt like I had to hyperextend my wrists out in order to hold the grips. More angle away from the bike centerline would solve the problem.

That's all I know about the E&H.

In 99 I rode my 72 shovelhead to vegas, yellowstone, and then sturgis. While there, I rode a new Henderson. Feet shaking off the floorboards, couldn't get neutral even when rolling.

MY OLD SHOVEL FELT LIKE A NEW BIKE AFTER RIDING THE HENDERSON!!!

2 friends had stock in the company, rode the final product that year there and came home and dumped the stock.

Just my .02, Scooter Bob

I agree about the shake. From what I've read they are worse than the mechanical bull at Gilley's in Ft Worth TX at idle, but those same complainers praised the smoothness once the R's rose. They probably will be a collectable... in about 30 years, but I'll be long gone by then. There's a very fervant EH owners support group on the web, much like our's here. Registery and all. Just smaller. I see them listed on Ebay, and from what I can gather the buyers are bidding them up to 5 grand and the owners want 8. Sound familiar... :) I just thought it would be cool to play with. I just don't want to throw the baby out with the bathwater.... :backinmyday: