the sticker is boluxed up and no owner manual.

IF you go to Star Motorcycles web site, and register, you can download the owners manual in PDF format for free.

if you look on the left column of every page here at THE forum, click on VRTech and you can download the parts diagrams and the factory service manual for free too!!!!!!!

I just changed the plugs in my 08 RSV to the NGK Iridiums, and synched the carbs.

After doing both, my MPG has increased a whopping 9% (from 41 to 45), and it seems like she has a little more "get up and go".

Sounds like a good idea. Plugs are not that expensive. I have over 4K miles on my plugs and may very well replace plugs by mid-summer.

As for the 2 front plugs, did you have to remove the fin bracket in order to have access with the wrench?

Sounds like a good idea. Plugs are not that expensive. I have over 4K miles on my plugs and may very well replace plugs by mid-summer.

As for the 2 front plugs, did you have to remove the fin bracket in order to have access with the wrench?

Yep, you have to remove the 2 upper engine mounts. You may have to remove the tank, I don't remember, or you may just be able to remove the 2 front mounting bolts to the tank and raise it up far enough. Last time I just removed tank.

As far as the Iridium plugs, I've seen a couple sets of those burn off the electrode before on the Yamaha Roadstar Warriors. I dont believe the spark plugs alone will cause a difference in gas mileage without other modifications to the engine.

I can get the standard NGK plugs at most auto part stores for 2 bucks.

I put a set of the NGK Iridiums in my scoot over 18K ago.........Pulled and checked them this week and they look darn near NEW..........and yeah my MPG went up too....... on speeds less than 80mph.

Boomer..........who still carries standard NGK's in the tool bag....right next to the sipping whiskey.:whistling:

I noticed a slight improvement in " Cold Starts " on my 89 1st gen with the Iridiums installed. Other then that, I can't say any other improvements. After 15K they were still working just fine, but I did replace them.

Yep, you have to remove the 2 upper engine mounts. You may have to remove the tank, I don't remember, or you may just be able to remove the 2 front mounting bolts to the tank and raise it up far enough. Last time I just removed tank.

As far as the Iridium plugs, I've seen a couple sets of those burn off the electrode before on the Yamaha Roadstar Warriors. I dont believe the spark plugs alone will cause a difference in gas mileage without other modifications to the engine.

I can get the standard NGK plugs at most auto part stores for 2 bucks.

It looks tight under there, but it is nice to know that the engine mounts will need to be removed. I know my air compressor will have to be used first to blow away all the dust and dirt that may have settled near the plug wells. For spark plugs, I may simply install regular plugs as recommended by Yamaha. Our local Advance Auto can order plugs for me anytime. Thanks for your input.

I have found since I adjusted my float levels

and started using dpr7e-9 Just one hotter

my plugs are perfect now in color.

I have saved all of the plugs ( 8 sets in the two years) (experimenting)

marking them and they just got better and better. I think

I got it figured out now.

Jeff

• 3 years later...