Hello, I work at a repair shop and had a Yamaha Venture pull in, its an '88. The class system keeps throwing an E4 error message. I looked it up and I guess it means there is no voltage coming out of the air sensor. Now, when i turn the key I imagine I should hear the compressors kick on, but I'm getting nothing. Any idea on where I can get the full class system minus the computer itself?

Thanks!

Zac

I misunderstood. I thought you were asking WHERE to order a new system. If you have already replace it with a new one, then that shouldn't be the problem.

Are you familiar with how it works? The class system only works with the key in the ACC position. You should not be getting the error code on a new system though.

Guest Fly-N-Lo

If you haven't already, check connections under seat and back at the pump (under trunk). My '90 had the same issue when I first bought it. It is originally from Miami so needless to say all the connectors throughout the bike had some sort of corrosion. Also check the solder joints on the CLASS circuit board as outlined in the site tech section. Worth a try before buying a new Controller. Good Luck!!!

Edited by Fly-N-Lo
typelexic

Open the controller unit, Resolder the wires to the Circuit board.

Also, about 4 inches from the controller, the Plug, Tug Tug on the wires both sides, one of the wire migh just pull right out of the plug.

I had both these problems !!

Also, the Large Plug, Under passenger seat, left side, about 18 wires going thru it, give this plug a bath with Contact Cleaner, and compressed air.

• 8 years later...