IGNORED

Leaking 84 anti dive valve

jb1016

I`ve read some posts on this subject .My right front anti dive is leaking from weep hole.Did anyone find a fix for this ?? looks like posts say U have to replace valve. I believe its an air hole with some kind of check valve to keep fluid in. if I plug hole might make matters worse??? Some say i can eliminate valves completely,which I might consider. Read 1 east fix to remove banjo and short brake line and plug hole where banjo went to antidive .what would u use to do this ? is it a standard metric bolt .any help greatlt appreciated

JB

Braking is far better, levers is more firm, faster stops. I added a couple more lbs of air pressure to the front forks to reduce dive. 2nd bike I did this to. Won't go back. You still "dive" with the anti-dives, and braking is scary. Take the short brake hose off from the anti-dive and use the single banjo bolt from the anti-dive on the brake caliper.

Get ride of them. :2cents:

Edited by 5bikes
Clarification

I`m all for doing that but it wont eliminate fluid coming from weep hole ,also what did u use to plug hole where short banjo was??

You have me confused here. I am not aware of a "weep hole" on the anti dives. Also, what is leaking from the anti dive, brake fluid or strut fluid?

If you are going to by-pass the anti dive brake hose, you do not need to block the hole to keep from leaking brake fluid from the anti dive

RandyA

Fork oil is leaking ,on the 84 vr there is a tiny hole on large bottom portion of anti dive right below the split.if you seperate the halves it in line with a c clip . the brake fluid operates piston on top smaller portion.

Mine never leaked anywhere. Remove the short brake line entirely off the bike.

Plug the hole in the antidive with any plastic plug, I used a tire valve cap. With the brake line off only residual oil may drip out.

If it leaks after removing the brake line there is seals or oil O-rings under the anti-dive that will have to be replaced. Good time to replenish or replace fork oil.