IGNORED

Got Raccoons?

Venturous Randy

Reminds me of our government. Pass out free food and they will move into your neighborhood.

Feeding wild animals has never worked out well for humans. They will become emboldened and destroy things to get the food. I had a squirrel I fed as a child and it would jump on the screen porch and chatter for food whenever it felt hungry. While at school it got into our house and tore up the kitchen until my mother chased it out.

They are persistent. We have had many a good laugh at campsites where unaware campers have left their stuff out on a picnic table while they went for a walk. Racoons even figured out how to get into coolers to get at the groceries.

Randy, hope you don't run out of cookies.

Man those pics sure brought back some great memories for me! Growing up in the bayous of SW Loozeeanner (Cajun country) my sister and I always had a passel of those coons being raised by us. The mother coons had a penchant for becoming roadkill and the little ones were easy to catch.

Once they were mature enough tho my Dad would dispatch them pronto because a mature coon can be a dangerous animal to fool around with.... even tho ya hand raised them!

Boomer....who never ate a lot of beef growing up but always had good stew to gnaw on.

The folks next door moved and left a bizzialian cats to fend for them selves, any way they started coming over to my place and sraying everything in sight, so i put out a live trap to relocate them, anyway, I kept catching a coon.... by the 4th or 5th time I caught him, he was so used to being caught that I had to wake him up to get him out of the trap. But do be carefull, they can get aggresive over food and those teeth are like razors..

Great pics though!! Thanks for sharing

We got racoons around our place too... they get into the garbage and crap on my back deck! Whenever I see them I chase them away and I spray bleach on the garbage cans and the deck so they will stay out...and they do.

Ever seen those sukkahs fight... MAN oh man they are viscious...and they can roar like a flippin lion!

• 1 month later...

Please be very carefull with these critters. They can be very very aggressive and thier teeth can really put a hurtin to ya.They become more aggressive as they age.They are also known to carry rabies. So if you see one acting suspicious, please keep clear.:backinmyday:

Got coons here to. Lying on the couch one summer evening and watched the kitten invite a coon kit into the house. All went well until my dog spotted it, then all hell broke loose. Kinda like the time a bird got in and the cat chased the bird while the dog chased the cat while I chased the dog. In a log cabin with 14 ft high ceilings it got exciting. Almost as exciting as the time I fired up the chainsaw to do some inside modifications. I forgot the cat was in the house. There was a grove torn out of the walls about 6 feet off the floor. Ain't pets fun?

• 7 years later...

I know this thread is old, But Awesome. My grandpa used to feed a Black Squirrel where he lived in Davenport. We have also accidently fed these little critters ourselves. We had a Cat that just started coming around and lived under our house so we bought some food well few Raccoons figured out the routine and would come up on the porch after we headed off to bed and eat the Cat food. But that is awesome she is able to feed them like this, does she still do it?