IGNORED

Tour Classic leather saddlebags

Hey folks!! I'm new here and hope this hasn't been asked before. I have a '98 Royal Star Tour Classic II with the large leather slope bags. They are beginning to get pretty weather worn and I was wondering if anyone on here has found a good replacement for these or not. I've been watching ebay for months and none have shown up. Any ideas?? Thanks...........Ron

There is a guy I think over on the Delphi forums that switched his leather bags to hard bags, he may still have them you could try over there.

I had 98 TC for 9 years and if you did not stay after those bags they would get dingy looking. I had a spot that got rubbed real bad, the only thing I found that worked was to take some leather shoe dye and treat the spot and then oil it up real well with Mink oil. You could try something like that, or you could try some DOC Baileys. That will get the black back into the bags then keep them oiled up with a good water proofing like WET PROOF or a good quaility Mink oil product.

You really need to keep them oiled up nthat is the only defense.

If you could find them new thru a dealer they are about $600.00 each.

Good Luck

I was wondering if anyone on here has found a good replacement for these or not. I've been watching ebay for months and none have shown up. Any ideas?? Thanks...........Ron

These bags rarely show up on eBay. Think I have only seen them once last year. But another option is to replace them with the Tour DeLuxe/Venture hardbags. I have a set of hardbags for my 1998 Tour Classic II and they are a bolt on with no adjustments needed. Only need to paint them to match the bikes color.

Hey folks!! I'm new here and hope this hasn't been asked before. I have a '98 Royal Star Tour Classic II with the large leather slope bags. They are beginning to get pretty weather worn and I was wondering if anyone on here has found a good replacement for these or not. I've been watching ebay for months and none have shown up. Any ideas?? Thanks...........Ron

I bought a clean pair for Deb's RoadStar on the Roadstar Riders Forum awhile back http://forums.delphiforums.com/1602/start, just seems to be luck of the draw and you have to watch them all Ebay, RoadStar Riders, Ventureriders etc... Good luck but I think they are some of the best looking bags around.

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff242/stratocurtster/20080424_22.jpg

i had the slant leather bags on mine, but swapped over to the venture bags. they are a bolt on to the frames you have, but the turn signals will be very close or up against the bags on back. you can bend them back to get clearance or put some felt pads from walmart between them.