Someone posted a thread about changing the side stand if you lower "both" the front and rear. Can't seem to find it again. Someone said the stand from an older RSTD would work fine and listed the length(s):think:. If anybody has made this mod could you please post the info.

Thanks in advance.

I lowered the front and back at the same time. Then I took the bike to a welder and had him cut 1" out of the stand. After about a few days I realised it was not enough so I took the bike back and he cut another 1" (2"altogether) out of the stand. I sat on the bike and he took a grinding tool and cut the section out., it took about 3min. Then he welded the shortened end back on the bike while I sat on it as there was no stand to hold int. Total time about 30 min. After that I went to a leather shop and they made a sleave with a couple of snaps on it. It looks great.

I would go 2" at the least. If I was to do it again I would go 2.5". Some times when I am parked on a sloap it is a bit iffy with 2".

Hope this helps,

Johnny :Cartoon_397:

Thanks again for the info. Someone posted that the RSTD side stand was a quite a bit shorter than the RSV's. If this is true I would like to get the length and maybe order one from the dealer. Can't see why the mounting would be different?????????

Johnny