IGNORED

Times they suck

Bubber

While today I was informed at noon that today was my last day...... Surprise!!!!!!

Ya well no kidding.. I was laid off to due to the wonderful economy. It is not looking good out there folks. No new news there huh?

They laid off so many that we were down to the skeleton of the company, now we are gnawing at the bones. It isn't the company's fault they are in a survival mode, just try to take the next breath from minute to minute. Those that are still employed here is a bit of advice, make yourself as useful and as valuable as possible and do what is needed. Those that aren't team players will be the first to see the door. There is no one that is immune here.

The worst I am afraid is not been seen yet.

I hope I am wrong about that but I don't think so.

I hope all of you are doing OK and keeping healthy.

Hunker down and ride the storm out is the plan while looking for a job.

God Bless America and those that made it our country.

Bubber

(survivor)

Sorry to hear about your layoff. Believe it or not it will get better. Have faith. Will pray for you and for a fast turnaround in the job department.

The company that I worked for closed in Late December. Last week I got another job. The jobs are out there, you just have to hunt.

Good Luck!!!!!

Fortunately it hasn't hit us...yet... but the company my wife works for (a job placement co) is certainly suffering ... they shut down two branches today and I found out the other day that a couple of the contracts that my workplace has will not be renewed this year. Still have enuf tho to keep me going for a few more years tho.

I work in a plant that manufactures building materials for the housing industry. At our plant we have ben doing everything right. Making the best products in our line, through out hte company. Well, at Thanksgiving I went from being a mechanic to production. and they laid off 5 more people (40) in all. Good news I am back in maintenance, to tear out all the equipment and send it to the mother plant.

There are jobs out there. I will get one. My God is an awesome God. He will provide.

I will be working for at the most 6 months and then looking.

Find a good day (no snow or ice), take the bike out of the garage and go for a long ride, or as much as you can stand in the cold.

Guest tx2sturgis

Why cant we lay-off politicians? That would get their attention! I dont mean at election time, I mean, hey if the economy sucks, they just get laid off! I dont think most of us would feel much of a loss.

Thanks for all the replies and well wishes. I appreciate the thoughts and the prayers.

I am going to gather my thoughts and get my stuff together and try to as positive as possible during this time.

Fortunately I have my house paid for and I only have a small loan on a car.

I will just squeeze every penny out of every dollar and make ends meet.

There are many more people out there in similar or even tougher situations, don't forget those people either.

God has stuck with me this long I don't think he is done with me yet. So I gotta make something happen with his help.

Again thanks for the kind words and support and especially the prayers.

Bubber

hang in there........with your house paid for you in better shape than most

we are just going day by day here also......hubby still has a good job.....but who knows how long its gonna last....(being at Ford)..he goes thru layoffs almost every month now it seems, luckily only a week or 2 at the most at a time.

he brought the 9 page booklet of of modifications to the 2007 agreement home today....

lots of cuts in benefits, OT , Cola, losing all bonuses, some holidays, reductions in relief time, health care changes, they are suspending certain provisions of the job security program...buy out $$$ are way down, vacation changes, and on and on.....

we just dont take anything for granted anymore, in our case what can go wrong always does for some reason......

I still believe things are going to get a lot worse before they start getting better......I know I should be optimistic, but instead i choose realistic.....:whistling:

Thanks again guys and gals.

I'll be all right, it will just be an adjustment for awhile. I won't be standing around waiting though. Hell I could be with the Ambasador on my way to denver. LMAO.

There and will be plenty of people out there hurting just be thankful for what you have and make sure your company and you are successful.

Above all thank your God for being there for you and with you.

What is the old saying " what don't kill you makes you stronger" I think we are all going to get a little strong in the next year.

Take care of yourselves and may God bless all of us.

Don't worry since I own my Venture it ain't going anywhere. It will be the last to go!

Thanks again folks

Bubber