IGNORED

Restaurant Reviews

Freebird

I've received a couple of PMs about the restaurant review forum. People are asking how they post there? I'm sorry for any confusion but the reason you can't post there is because it is not finished yet. It will take me a few days to get it finished.

Once it is done, it will be different than other forums here. There will be forms for each state and province. You will select the form for the state/province that the restaurant is in and fill it out. The results of that form will be automatically posted to the correct thread in that forum. You will not be able to post directly in those forums as you do others. The reason is that I think it should be limited to reviews and not with a lot of responses and comments. This will make it easier if a member wishes to print the thread from one or more states. They will get the list and not a lot of additional talk. There will automatically be a poll attached to each thread so folks will be able to see if other members have eaten there and what their thoughts were.

I hope this makes sense and that it is acceptable to everybody. I will post here to let you know when it is ready to go. It may be as late as early next week though. I still have a lot of work to do there.

Don every time I turn around you are doing something to make this Site better than it already is!

I truly commend you for an outstanding job!

I have no idea of what it cost you in $$$ to maintain this Site but I would be happy to pay a yearly registration fee to help you cover the cost. Considering the registered number of members here it should be no problem to raise the funds needed to maintain this Site!!

The information available in the Tech Library here alone has to be worth any registration/membership fee!

I hope you give this some consideration....It is not fair or right for you to bear the burden of expense that this Site requires.

Ride safe and THANK YOU for the best Venture Site on the Internet!!

Boomer........who does not come up with good idea's very often but thinks this one is with merit.

Don every time I turn around you are doing something to make this Site better than it already is!

I truly commend you for an outstanding job!

I have no idea of what it cost you in $$$ to maintain this Site but I would be happy to pay a yearly registration fee to help you cover the cost. Considering the registered number of members here it should be no problem to raise the funds needed to maintain this Site!!

The information available in the Tech Library here alone has to be worth any registration/membership fee!

I hope you give this some consideration....It is not fair or right for you to bear the burden of expense that this Site requires.

Ride safe and THANK YOU for the best Venture Site on the Internet!!

Boomer........who does not come up with good idea's very often but thinks this one is with merit.

In case you don't know. Go to the top where it says "donate" and donate.:thumbsup2:

Been there and done that.....along with a few other things I have done to put funds into Don's pocket for this Site.

Boomer......who is no freeloader.

It was just meant for info in case you didn't know about that opportunity.:cool10:

It was just meant for info in case you didn't know about that opportunity.:cool10:

No problem! My thoughts are that with the current economy folks might not be inclined to donate. At least Don should think about a membership fee rather than struggle to fund the Site out of his own pocket or ask for donations.

Boomer..........who hopes a lot of members do donate to this Site.

No problem! My thoughts are that with the current economy folks might not be inclined to donate. At least Don should think about a membership fee rather than struggle to fund the Site out of his own pocket or ask for donations.

Boomer..........who hopes a lot of members do donate to this Site.

Chief,

Don will never do a membership fee, we had to threaten to kill him to put the donation button up top :whistling: I talk with him fairly often and he's doing OK on the donations, but it's good to keep it in people minds as as busy as many of us are we tend to forget :headache:

Chief,

Don will never do a membership fee, we had to threaten to kill him to put the donation button up top :whistling: I talk with him fairly often and he's doing OK on the donations, but it's good to keep it in people minds as as busy as many of us are we tend to forget :headache:

Thanks for the info Squid. I'll keep doing the best I can to donate and remind others to do so as well.

Boomer....Who thinks if push comes to shove we could always capture Don's pond monster and sell that rascal to a Circus.

OK folks...I have this ready for you to try out. I'm not making it very obvious right now until I see how it works out. It may not be exactly what you wanted, I'm not even sure it's exactly what I wanted but it is what I have come up with at this time.

The link is a bit hidden right now, I'll make it more obvious if this works out. For now, you can find it under the "Quick Links" button on the menu bar and choose "Forms" at the very bottom. Or you can click here:

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/misc.php?do=forms

Choose the forum for your location, fill it out, submit. That's all there is to it. The review will be posted to the Restaurant Review forum under the location of the form that you chose.

New submitals will go to the top of the forum as all posts do. You can rearrange it at any time though but simply clicking the blue "thread" text at the top of the form when you open it up. That will sort the threads by state and your choice of ascending or descending.