IGNORED

reviews

wild hair 39

I have found reviews on most of the tires we can use on the second gen Ventures...

if you want them I can look them up again and post the links...

For my own personal preferences...and I don't mean to knock anyone's choice of tires, nor criticize any particular tire...this is based on information I have gleaned from over two years of researching the use of car tires on motorcycles...

I myself would shy away from all but the Federal Tire in the 165/80/15 ss657, and the BF Goodrich T/A Radial in the 155/80/15 for use on a Venture...

Those two brands have never been reported to blow apart while installing nor shred as they have been driven.....

A few other brands that build the size needed for a Venture have blown apart while setting the bead...some have shredded while being driven....and many have been installed and worked out OK......so like I say...I am not trying to criticize here...just posting some cautions

I currently use a BFG T/a Radial, and have approx 11,000 miles on it with no problems.

In the late 60's I had a 1964 Hydra Glide Harley and used VW tires front and back.

The ride was always a thrill...tires back then weren't engineered as well as they are today, and you just never knew how they were going to hold out in any curve or turn.....

The tires today...as long as they are a quality product with proper ply ratings....are far better and offer much more control when used on a motorcycle.

I haven't found anyone using a CT on the front...due to size restrictions mostlt....but I am guessing were it possible to use one...the ride would be outstanding.

My suggestion would be to check out a few of tjhe new sites that have started up due to the growing interest in using CT'son bikes...

try googling Riding the Dark Side as a starting point....they have links to many others and you can speak with others using CT's and gather a lotof info before you make a decision on what to purchase or how to install and maintain them.