IGNORED

Where to buy a trunk rack?

SilvrT

I'm ready to buy a trunk rack for my '06. Found the following and was wondering if that's a good place to get it & is the price good?

http://www.stadiumyamaha.com/pages/catalogs/detail/26/198/398/20151/3/0/0/1/4/90/69/338/trunk-rack.aspx

I recall a place being mentioned in some other post that is in the Seattle area that was apparently one of "the best" places to get such things but can't recall the name... anyone able to point me to it?

Stadium Yamaha is some good folks to deal with...I have made several purchases from them...

http://www.stadiumyamaha.com/pages/catalogs/detail/26/198/398/20151/3/0/0/1/4/90/69/338/trunk-rack.aspx

South seattle Yamaha is also some good folks to deal with...I have delt with them also.

http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/pages/catalogs/detail/26/198/398/20151/3/0/0/1/4/90/69/338/trunk-rack.aspx

Motorsports Super Center in Alabama seems to be the cheapest by a couple of dollars.

http://www.motorsportssupercenter.com/pages/catalogs/detail/26/198/398/20151/3/0/0/1/4/90/69/338/trunk-rack.aspx

All of them have been easy to deal with and have good prices. Shipping cost may be the only difference if there is any at all...

By ordering online from Star Yamaha, I saved a total of $48.85. Their price was $139 plus coin plus $45 shipping and then there's the exchange rate...brought it to a total of $226.36

To buy it locally, it's $272.21 taxes included.

Frankly, the base price difference that we have to pay up here for such things is nothing short of a RIP-OFF ... IMHO. If I was down in Seattle, I could have picked it up and saved over $100. (less the exchange rate of course ) plus the taxes.

I gotta ask you Rick...how was it shipped...that will be a telling take. If UPS....get some bear grease cause its gonna hurt!

Brokerage fees are terrible with UPS to Canada from the US. USPS is the only way to go.

Also you are going to pay GST on it as well. Most likely anyway...sometimes customs let items slip by.

I gotta ask you Rick...how was it shipped...that will be a telling take. If UPS....get some bear grease cause its gonna hurt!

Brokerage fees are terrible with UPS to Canada from the US. USPS is the only way to go.

Also you are going to pay GST on it as well. Most likely anyway...sometimes customs let items slip by.

I'm pretty sure it was USPS. I got my LED bar for the back from somewhere out of the US and there were no taxes added. The amount I mentioned was the total charge against my CC so I'm not expecting any further fees. I haven't ordered a lot of stuff out of the US but what I have, I don't recall any taxes added...if there were, it was minimal. As mentioned above, the shipping cost was $45 and that's stated right on their "check-out" screen. I did hesitate a bit over that but I knew that all-in-all, it would still be cheaper than buying local. Now, I know there's folks who'd pounce on me for not supporting local merchants and all that but dang! ... if the pricing was more reasonable in comparison, why would a person want to go outside the local area in the first place? Hey... it's a "free-trade" continent LOL

Rick have them ship it to Blane WA. & take the misses out for a scoot, dinner, full tank of gas & still have coin in your pocket. :canada::canada::canada:

Good idea .... where in Blaine should they ship it to? (dumb question I know) but I have no clue and I'm not even blond! LOL

Type in border services for Blaine. Most major crossings have one. I use ours alot and its over an hour drive. But....when I check in at the border, Canadian side, I do have to pay the GST.

Saves tons of money as shipping within the US is usually very cheap even with UPS.

... the shipping cost was $45 ...

That's Kind of Wierd. I bought a big Banner from Ebay US and shipped it to Germany by USPS. The Seller charged me with 38 USD. Did take 10 Days to get it here. I was shocked when i saw the Package. It was 6"x6" and aboth 6 ft long. It would have cost an Arm and a Leg to ship it here in Germany from one End to the other.

That's Kind of Wierd. I bought a big Banner from Ebay US and shipped it to Germany by USPS. The Seller charged me with 38 USD. Did take 10 Days to get it here. I was shocked when i saw the Package. It was 6"x6" and aboth 6 ft long. It would have cost an Arm and a Leg to ship it here in Germany from one End to the other.

My LED lightbar cost $5.50 to ship from Signal dynamics ... go figgure eh!

SilvrT ,i use a place in Point Roberts called http://www.tsbshipping.com/ been using them a few years now. great people to deal with. you pay per package ,price determined by weight. usually a couple of $ .they email you when a package is in . border crossing usually quick and sometimes they dont charge you any taxes (both gst +pst) . thats also dependant on how much item(s)are worth.:080402gudl_prv: