IGNORED

Another Florida Ride

cruiserfan

I like riding up Hwy. 415 from Sanford to Daytona Beach. Just a few stop lights and lots of open road. You will also pass the World Famous Cabbage Patch bar along the way. I make this run about 4 times a year.....both NASCAR races, Bike Week and Biketoberfest.:sign outstanding:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Thumper

Coming out of Sanford on 415, there is a road called "Railroad Rd." where you turn right. It quickly dead ends and you make a left to "Fl. Maytown Rd.". Turn right, it will take you through 22.5 miles of two lane forest road. VERY NICE! It ends up on US 1 South of New Smyrna in Oakhill. No lights and very few bikes. This is where I always make my turn before Cabbage Patch (because I like the ride), unless I just want to go there first for a beer.

BTW - Have you ever gone to Gators on the River under the overpass? Nice place to stop and have lunch and enjoy the water.

• 2 years later...

Anyone in FL that wants to tour the back country of Volusia, Seminole, Lake, Marion, Sumter, Pasco or Hernando counties just let me know.

I have ridden just about every back road from Daytona to Cedar key down to Tampa and back to th eeast caost across thru Lakeland and on to Orlando.

I am just about always up for ride on the weekends.

Even a camping trip weekend would be nice.

This would be great!!!!!!

to make the wife sleep on the ground, no blow dryers, or computers to play on.

learn how to use a can opener........

Heck.... Come on you Mid & West Coast Floridians.........

• 4 months later...
Any of you in Central or a little North of Central Florida or a little South, that would like to take a ride to Forever Florida through cow country - I would be glad to set it up from the Port St. John area. http://www.foreverflorida.com/ It's about an hour and a half from me. They serve a good lunch.

Ken:stirthepot:

Looks like fun. I grew up in Florida and haven't even been to Busch Gardens, which everyone tells me, is the go to place. Went to Disney World once 30 years ago, but was already in the Army then.

I do, when at home, take many trips to the Outpost (in Freeport), http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l224/teyster2/TedPics/outpost.jpg?t=1259500864

now that's the bike place to go, I think.

• 2 years later...

Last year when I had to go up to Daytona in July I went up US27 from Sebring to north of Clarmont to CR 561. Then over to SR19 and then to SR 40 over thru Ocala forest and commin gout over in the Ormond Beach area. Nice ride not alot of traffic except the couple small towns. My downer was it rained on me almost all the way.