IGNORED

4 to 4 Exhaust?

I've been toying with this idea for a couple years and thought if I aired out my idea here it would help me with a decision. I want 4 real pipes on my Midnight Venture.I want to take 4 small diameter fishtails with muffler and weld them in 2 pairs very close together side by side ....I figure a couple small straps under them to weld them parallel. Then locate and install bracket to attach to bike. Then similar to a old style Royal Star run seperate pipes to each muffler. But doing it to keep my passenger pegs in stock location will require a couple special shaped hook ups to original pipes coming out of the 4 cylinders. Mess up my passenger comfort would be bad for my sex life! I have a friend who had 4 fishtales on 1996 Royal that was so cool of a sound. Get that sound with our higher horse power motors gives me goose bumps! LOL

I was looking at some of the old 650 V-Star shields that would work to cover new pipe sections and match Yamaha Chrome. I have them laying around but even if I had to buy some other Yamaha shields that shouldn't be too painful $$$$.

I think it would look and sound great!

Now lets hear it guys....what you think.

:Venture: JerryK

I think the loss of power could be minimal if the diameter was chosen correctly and the pipes that are side by side had a cross over-pipe.

if I were to do the job I'd probably try and locate a RS stock exhaust and see if it could be reworked to clear the bags and whatever else may be in the way.

But I also think there may be other (read: easier) ways to achieve the sound you're looking for. :)

I thought about using old Royal Star pipes but really think I can do it easier with parts from stock Venture exhaust. If you look at our pipes in stock position you can see that the rear cylinder pipe could easily move to hook to out side Fishtail that would be about front edge of saddle bags. The pipe coming from front cylinder would hit just right with inside Fishtail. I have my stock pipes gutted out all the way and have run it that way about 20k with no noticeable loss of power. I think I would have less restriction with quads than I have now. I need an extra set of stock Venture pipes and have nothing to lose but the cost of 4 fishtails and maybe a case of Bud Light while working on it! LOL

Anyone got some stock pipes for sale cheap?:Venture: JerryK